2022 FlightCraft Barefooter

LoopSkiLoopSki Posts: 935 Mega Baller
edited April 6 in Boat Talk
Excited to start a new thread about this new boat coming out. The title of the other one was a little bit misleading as this boat is being manufactured in California not Australia.

I’ll be posting more sneak pics of this new boat in the weeks to come. Reason it’s taking so long to complete the first unit as it is being designed and built at the same time old-school style not by computers.

The first six I think have already been spoken for but I’m hoping to get to play around with the first one before it gets sent off to the buyer

swc5150Dacon62

Comments

• LoopSkiLoopSki Posts: 935 Mega Baller

Wishrobmollysilverlakeswc5150
  • GregHindGregHind Posts: 391 Crazy Baller
    @LoopSki any updates? How many horsepower will it be rated for? Who gets the first one?
    hacker
    Testing it with a 250 mercury first. They have a 225 and a 300 to try as well. Boat can be purchased without power plant and customer can supply their own.
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 6,066 Mega Baller
    Small market hope it goes well.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    @6balls of course but also neglected market. They have wake barges too though. I’m more interested in the Barefooter and hoping to see an inboard out of them soon.

• DWDW Posts: 2,502 Mega Baller
    🤞 and hope they do well. Hoping there is a pent up demand for some new barefoot boats.
    Wish
    I think Sanger still makes the inboard DX II--tough bogey for footing. I came up footing in the heyday of the outboards--been behind Flighty's, Sanger OB and inboard, all of the Centurions, the Mastercraft. The outboards are fun, and they have their place--I owned one for 20 years--but if I were a footer today looking new I'd get a DX II inboard. Looking used then a used DXII, a Flighty or Sanger outboard well maintained--love those boats. As much as I owned 2 Centurions--the wakes and build quality were not Sanger or Flighty--particularly the Malibu-Flighty.

I hope the new venture goes great, that it knocks it out of the park, and sells well to the barefoot market in sufficient numbers to keep going.

6balls
  • DWDW Posts: 2,502 Mega Baller
    I don't mean dislike in a mean way, I mean it in a very sad way. The one in the picture is very nice looking. At least there is a new alternative available in the market. Probably like many lake communities, the footing population has dwindled over the years, we use to have 5-6 footers on our little lake, only myself still active. Can't seem to get the younger generation interested in even trying it. When you pop on a footing site, the talent level is amazing for those still engaged.
  • bananaronbananaron Posts: 549 Mega Baller
    @DW Same here in northern MN. No one foots anymore Iam still going at 74yrs and still enjoy it....
    Ron Engblom Brainerd lakes,minnesota
    Wish
  • VONMANVONMAN Posts: 329 Crazy Baller
    @DW Don't understand the thinking with Sanger, like you said it's a beautiful boat, a proven design in a small market that it now owns outright. I ski with a group of Footers, to them the Sanger's are the top of the heap. One of the big problems with the outboard market is the size/taller and the weight/100lbs plus heavier. Older designed outboard boats were never designed for the new 4-stroke outboards of today. The market for 2-stroke, light weight motors is gone.
    I am surprised that new boat hulls are not being designed like the new Flightcraft. I was lucky enough to repower my boat in late 2015 with the last of the Mercury 2-strokes. But there is no way I could hang a 4-stroke on my Warrior.
    Ernie Schlager

A Good One Ball Gives You Six
    6ballsNashotah
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,606 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    31 year run is pretty awesome and a testament to great hull design. Just think, Nautique could've been building and selling TSC hulls with no additional R&D all these years too;)
    Scott Calderwood
    6ballsWishVONMAN

@LoopSki we’ve been teased about this thing for years…. How about clear pictures and video? Wakes at 46kph, 55kph, 66kph and 72kph? (28-46mph)
    Whats really nice is the lack of chine spray. This FlightCraft is so close to go into production. Can’t wait to play with it at my lake in a few weeks once all the finishing touches are done.

@LoopSki i noticed that. Did they modify the hull to make the chine spray better or was it always like that?
    Looks like no spray and very flat wake from that angle. Tracking fins? Center pylon? Speed control?