2017 HO VTX

bananaronbananaron Posts: 549 Mega Baller
There is a 2017new HO VTX for sale on SIA.I recall having A HO that was yellow and black however dont recall if it was a VTX or the VTR.I did like the ski and might be interested in this new VTX.Any info from you smart ballers would be helpful...thx
Ron Engblom Brainerd lakes,minnesota

Comments

• bananaronbananaron Posts: 549 Mega Baller
    DOES ANYONE HAVE INFO ON THIS SKI..........
    Ron Engblom Brainerd lakes,minnesota
    Calisdad57
  • MDB1056MDB1056 Posts: 997 Crazy Baller
    I’d venture to say the lack of responses is maybe somewhat telling. While I’ve not been on a VTX, as I recall it was one of those skis that had somewhat lackluster reviews. It came after the V and VTR but before the Pro. V and VTR got high marks, VTX not so much. Wasn’t there also a new HO binding set up that launched with the VTX that also sort of fell flat? Ski top had a unique look . I could be way off here as again I’ve not been on the ski, but only my recollection that it just never did much. Don’t see many around . I’m sure there are some folks out there that can provide real feedback . Hope they show up here.
    MattW
  • RednucleusRednucleus Posts: 802 Mega Baller
    How about @savaiusini input
  • mcskier41mcskier41 Posts: 71 Baller
    I had the VTX which I got on sale a couple a years ago new for $600. Initially it was ok, but never had any luck with it. If you really want to save time and money demo a ski before buying. I'm on the HO Omega now that I did demo before buying and it is night and day better than the VTX in MHO.
  • HucklefinHucklefin Posts: 31 Baller
    @bananaron For what it's worth, I have a 2017 VT-R that is almost all black with a bit of grey accenting, definitely no yellow. My buddy as a '17 VTX that is black and white. Never compared the two for ski-ability.
  • savaiusinisavaiusini Posts: 439 Water Ski Industry Professional
    VTX had one our deepest concave volumes in recent years. Because of that, it really excelled 35 and shorter and was not a super user-friendly ski at longer line lengths. This shape evolved into the Syndicate Pro which has a much more user-friendly demeanor.
    Sam Avaiusini - Operations Manager, HO Sports Company, Snoqualmie, WA
    Rednucleus