2001 Prostar pulls aggressively to the right

2001PS1902001PS190 Posts: 2
As above I have an 01 ps 190. I have had about 14 years and have never noticed the pull like this. Now I don’t use it near as much now as I used to. A mastercraft dealer has it now and I can’t decide if they think it’s a problem or not. Wish I could post a video on here. Maybe I worry about it more now because I have kids and when I let go of thee wheel I’m scared we are going to be in the bank. The dealer wants to replace steering cable and rudder but they don’t know that will fix. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I have videos not sure how to upload.

Comments

• MastercrafterMastercrafter Posts: 339 Crazy Baller
    Sounds like the perfect amount of steering torque to me.
    eyepeeler
  • BroussardBroussard Posts: 743 Mega Baller
    Send a picture of the rudder - likely just a loaded rudder ideal for driving skiers.
    Andre Broussard | Action Water Sports | WakeHouse | SkiBennetts |
    eyepeeler
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 3,433 Mega Baller
    Has anyone hit anything to change the strut alignment or the rudder angle (bent rudder shaft)? You've had the boat 14 years and it has changed suddenly. Seems like something has been damaged or there was some significant pandemic weight gain.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
    DaveD
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 3,433 Mega Baller
    By the way, if your videos are on YouTube and put the YouTube URL in your post, it will embed the video.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,720 Crazy Baller
    First of all, don't let go the wheel! All properly loaded rudders will not allow for straight running. But you did say it had apparently changed, so......
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
  • ScottScottScottScott Posts: 1,341 Mega Baller
    Lots of things intentional or un-intentional dealing with the rudder that could cause that. I can't imagine that anything related to the steering cable would have that effect.
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,720 Crazy Baller
    As @ScottScott said, it seems impossible that a cable could cause torque pull. Unless you can see that the rudder is damaged/bent, don't let them replace your rudder.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
    MDB1056