Stoke superflex Pro or other spring suit

JayproJaypro Posts: 410 Crazy Baller
Hey ballers,

I'm looking for a spring 3/4 leg shorty, preferably a chest zip, I hate the water trickling in through the back zipper! does O'Neil make a chest zip 3/4 leg, I couldn't find the hyperfreak in a 3/4 leg.

Comments

• JmoskiJmoski Posts: 477 Crazy Baller
    If you want full length sleeves I would go with a camaro. The new titanium pro has a new waterproof zipper (I have the full suit). But that might be warmer than your after. The blacktec is a good option as well, and will seal much better than a cheap shortie.

In a short sleeve consider the ripcurl zipper free (works like a chest zip for entry, minus the zipper) works great for sealing out water, I have a full 4/3 ripcurl zipperless entry.
    dvskier
  • HortonHorton Posts: 32,524 Administrator
    get the Stokes!

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ☆DBSkis ☆Denali ☆Goode ☆GiveGo ☆MasterCraft ☆ Masterline 

Performance Ski and Surf ☆ Reflex ☆ Radar ☆ Rodics OffCourse ☆ S Lines ☆ Stokes ☆

Dekeghutchskigirl
  • skialexskialex Posts: 1,352 Mega Baller
    O’Neill makes a 3/4 (overknee) long arm shorty chest zip, but it’s thicker than most shorties, 4/3mm.
    The Stokes is super good!!
    OldboyII
  • CentCent Posts: 262 Baller
    I have both the Stokes and Camaro Titanium. Camaro is considerably warmer. In Spring I would only use the Camaro
  • sgreggsgregg Posts: 44 Baller
    Very happy with my Syndicate Dry Flex 👍
  • MastercrafterMastercrafter Posts: 388 Crazy Baller
    I have a full Syndicate dry-flex (1.5mm) and I like it. Wouldn't want to go much colder than 55 water 55 air. It's a leaker, especially the zipper in the back, but it is flexible, wind-proof, and the warmth:bulk ratio is good.
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 1,134 Crazy Baller
    HO dry flex are great suits and more durable than the Camaro
  • PatMPatM Posts: 870 Crazy Baller
    I have the dry flex also and really like it. IF you don't want to feel the leak and not sacrifice movement - wear a neo vest. I had an old O'Neill heater shirt that I cut the sleeves off and it works great. Or you can by a cheap neo vest on amazon.
  • PatMPatM Posts: 870 Crazy Baller
    Wear the vest under of course
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 2,840 Mega Baller
    What Pat M said… I wear an O'Neill short sleeve basic skin under my Shorty and it just about stops the zipper trickle.
  • OldboyIIOldboyII Posts: 723 Crazy Baller
    edited May 20
    Agree with @skialex who IMO is a fan of O'Neil )))).
    If O'Neil will decide to produce pure waterski wetsuit (plain one, without extras such as paddings, knee/elbous protections, key pockets, difference thickness, extra pannels etc, it will certainly be one of the best on the market.
    Unregistered
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 6,112 Mega Baller
    Stokes!
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • OldboyIIOldboyII Posts: 723 Crazy Baller
    edited May 20
    Big advantage of Stokes over Camaro is real zip with big teeth - it makes closing/opening superneasy, lock is never caught halfway.
    Unregistered
  • JayproJaypro Posts: 410 Crazy Baller
    @PatM great idea. just ordered one! Thanks as always for the input ballers....