D3 Neo - Anyone Riding It?

skibugskibug Posts: 2,164
I am demoing the Neo and Ion 2. I am really liking the Neo, more than the Ion 2. I am coming off the D3 Ion-S. Just wondering if anyone else is on an Neo, impressions, and what kind of fin/binding settings might be working....other than stock?
Bob Grizzi

Comments

• skibugskibug Posts: 2,164
    C'MON....is no one riding this ski!!!???
    Bob Grizzi
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 1,134 Crazy Baller
    @skibug what setting did you use on the Ion -S
  • SlalomSteveSlalomSteve Posts: 165 Baller
    edited June 23
    I've been surprised how little talk there's been on here about the Neo. Doesn't seem like too many people have tried it yet? I have not, just FYI, but I like keeping up with the ski news.
  • DaveDDaveD Posts: 1,063 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I wonder if the lack of interest in this new ski has anything to do with Freddie and Nate not switching to it.
    @Deanoski, I have ridden the Ion-S with four different fins. Stock, CG, WF, & WF Pro. IMO, the WF Pro has been the best of the four. I was short/deep and way far back om the stock fin, which is mostly my MO for all skis.

67 Ion-S
    FB @ 29 15/16
    Bob Grizzi
  • skibrainskibrain Posts: 269 Crazy Baller
    I saw some video with Terry Winter riding the Neo.
    skibug
  • kckc Posts: 341 Crazy Baller
    @skibug Mind sharing your settings for the Whisper Fin Pro on your 67” Ion-S?
    @kc I will...but I am out of town until Thursday afternoon and my ski log is at home.
    Bob Grizzi
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,795 Mega Baller
    +1 for the whisper fin settings. @skibug please tag me as well when you post your numbers. I’ve been thinking of trying my WF on my Ion
  • kckc Posts: 341 Crazy Baller
    Thanks @skibug. No rush!
    Well, right on cue, D3 released a video of Freddie on the Neo. Doesn't mean much unless he starts using it in tournaments though.

KRoundyDaveD
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,795 Mega Baller
    At least with Freddie we know it’s actually a Neo, not just his old ski with new graphics painted on it.
    JayproBroussard
    @aupatking - Not at all doubting it, but curious how do we know with Freddie?
    Andre
  • JayproJaypro Posts: 411 Crazy Baller
    That's not Freddie's MO, he's pretty adamant about riding what the factory makes and not riding special one off skis. I would be shocked if Fred was riding something other that what the top-sheet says. I have skied his NRG R2 and his Ion, and his NRG felt just like mine.