Lake 38 news

HortonHorton Posts: 32,524 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ☆DBSkis ☆Denali ☆Goode ☆GiveGo ☆MasterCraft ☆ Masterline 

Performance Ski and Surf ☆ Reflex ☆ Radar ☆ Rodics OffCourse ☆ S Lines ☆ Stokes ☆

ScottScott

Comments

• adamhcaldwelladamhcaldwell Posts: 837 Open or Level 9 Skier
    Bruce_Butterfield
  • dbaconazdbaconaz Posts: 180 Baller
    AWESOME!!
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 1,900 Mega Baller
    Good scores for the first pro event using S-lines!
    boats are like girlfriends you love them however there is another one around the corner - bananaron, July 21, 2020
    WishRednucleusaupatkingskialexBobF
  • DragoDrago Posts: 1,769 Mega Baller
    Solid @FWinter! 💪
    SR SL Judge & Driver (“a driver who is super late on the wheel and is out of sync”)
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,795 Mega Baller
    With Sure-Path, I would think that scores are now instantaneously “official”. I understand that they are still reviewed but, I would believe there is little to review, aside from it being “the standard procedure”. I am liking the Sure-Path (or equivalent) systems being “standard procedure” more and more. Just my opinion.
    Great skiing Freddie!
    skihacker
  • B_SB_S Posts: 331 Crazy Baller
    After last weekend, I would have been surprised if Freddie didn't take down that 41! Also, I'm really missing the very entertaining intensity that @adamhcaldwell brings to these tournaments. Hoping that changes soon!
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,770 Crazy Baller
    edited June 5
    By the way, where is Manon, T-Gas, Asher, etc? Don't know what the purse is for other events, this one was published. $3000 to win.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
  • eyepeelereyepeeler Posts: 228 Baller
    Fantastic color commentary by Regina...what a cool chick!
    Matt Dillon
    ScottScottPrzybylaaupatking
  • skiepskiep Posts: 374 Crazy Baller
    Pay out was 3000.00 2000.00 1250.00 750.00 500.00 for women and same for the men. total $15,000.00
    ALPJr
  • LazLaz Posts: 365 Solid Baller
    How is Sure-Path being used in pro tournaments? I watched a lot of the (very excellent) TWBC broadcast and I did not see it mentioned. Also, there is no talk of re-rides.
  • skiepskiep Posts: 374 Crazy Baller
    The sure path data is sent to a monitor with a judge watching it. All green screens no re-rides.
    aupatking
  • JordanJordan Posts: 1,296 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Noticed the Nate was in the boat for the Women's finals. has a competitor at a pro event ever judged prior to skiing like that before?
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,770 Crazy Baller
    @Jordan I don't recall ever seeing that. I've seen Nate boat judge at several "REL" tournaments though.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
    Jordan
  • JASJAS Posts: 325 Crazy Baller
    Anyone catch what ski Parrish was riding. Interesting falls
  • WishWish Posts: 8,546 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @JAS Was gonna ask that exact same question. Looked like SP skis to me. Pretty sure it was not HO. He is so smooooth.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • JackQJackQ Posts: 510 Open or Level 9 Skier
    @Laz as @skierjp stated, there were no resides for out of tolerance boat path. This is a testament to Scott G and Kieth A, which pulled all the open skiers. The last thing a driver wants, is to have an out of tolerance boat path for skiers who’s livelihood depends on their performance.
  • Not_The_PugNot_The_Pug Posts: 678 Crazy Baller
    Nate has judged at the CA Pro Am in the past. I think both him and Regina (maybe) judged in the boat for Masters Men.
    aupatking
  • UCFskierUCFskier Posts: 166 Baller
    cool to see S line used at the pro event!!

Question.... why were 2 different brands of boats used?
    !!!Support companies that support the protection of youth in Waterskiing!!!
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 3,463 Mega Baller
    @UCFskier, maybe they were using the Malibu to get Regina to be able to take a crack at the record. But, it's good to see the various manufacturers used, especially if we are concerned they might not be interested in making 3-event boats in the future.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
    Wish
  • UCFskierUCFskier Posts: 166 Baller
    for sure... I thought it was pretty interesting! I wonder if at some point all the major companies will be at all events allowing athletes to pick a boat. at least that way they would be allowed to challenge records without consequences.

Great Job LAKE 38 and TWBC!!!!
    !!!Support companies that support the protection of youth in Waterskiing!!!
    ScarletArrow
  • skierjpskierjp Posts: 1,234 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @JackQ that was @skiep not me!