Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Binding location

slalomdudeslalomdude Posts: 154
edited January 2008 in Skis Fins Bindings
I had a brief exchange with John about binding location. I have been on various of Denny's skis over the last 8 years, and have always run my front binding all the way forward . I am currently on a 67 Nomad Rc and have the binder 1/4" forward of stock. I guess I must have a technique issue as I have tried to run at stock position, but have been told that I have too much ski out of the water thru the wakes. I am always working on getting my hips up to handle .I am getting into 35 at 34mph on a good day.  Any thoughts?

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 28,921 Administrator
    <p>
    Without seeing you ski it is kind of hard to say. The core of how I think about skiing can be found at <a href="http://ballofspray.com/vanillaforum/comments.php?DiscussionID=25">http://ballofspray.com/vanillaforum/comments.php?DiscussionID=25</a> Give that a read and then let me know how you think it applys to your skiing.
    </p>
    <p>

</p>
    <p>

</p>
    Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ Basta ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar 

Stella Blue ★ Stokes ★ World WaterSki League

• eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,975 Infinite Pandas
    <p>
    I have drilled new holes 1" forward of the factory holes on some skis. The factory settings might be off by that much for your personal style. Start with the factory settings but if the ski gets better as you move things - keep moving things until they get worse! Then go back a bit. If you are scared of drilling the ski you can always drill the plate for the binding.
    </p>
    <p>
    I find that forward binding position helps the pull position at the expense of a quick turn at the buoy. Of course, fins and fin adjustments can also address this tradeoff.
    </p>
    <p>
    If you are getting into 35 off you are doing lots of things right! Trust what works for you - not what works for the manufacturer.
    </p>
    <p>
    Eric
    </p>
  • HortonHorton Posts: 28,921 Administrator
    edited January 2008
    <p class="MsoNormal">
    <font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000">I strongly advise most skiers from deviating far from stock binding position on most skis. One hole is within the normal margin but I would coach someone to try to get back to stock and use body position to get in the middle of the ski.</font>
    </p>
    <font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font>
    <p class="MsoNormal">
    <font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000">1” ?!? only you Eric. Why not 3"</font> 
    </p>
    Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ Basta ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar 

Stella Blue ★ Stokes ★ World WaterSki League