What size T-factor for size 11?

ScarletArrowScarletArrow Posts: 882 Crazy Baller
Size 11 foot seems to be on the edge of the sizing chart for L or XL.

Go L and risk cramping, or go XL and risk lack of support?

What are you using?

D3 Binding Sizing Chart
Anthony Warren

Comments

• SlalomSteveSlalomSteve Posts: 196 Baller
    Hmm I'm size 10.5 and I use a Large. It's fine except for right across the ball of my foot, the side by my little toe kinda hurts after 6 passes or so. BUT, I know that part of my foot is a bit wider than usual (like I have issues in that spot in a variety of shoes on both feet, but size 11 shoes slide at my heel).

Any sense if your foot tends to run wide or narrow? I may be inclined to try the XL, since you could just cinch the laces real tight, but I'm not sure.
  • MDB1056MDB1056 Posts: 1,048 Crazy Baller
    edited June 25
    I’d say large. I’m a 9-91/2 and wear a medium. It’s snug but I like it- but would say large for 11. I expect you’ll be swimming in an XL.
  • ETskierETskier Posts: 190 Solid Baller
    Go to the D3 bindings-hardware (parts) on their website. The T-Factor toe piece is by size . The heal piece is the same for bindings M to XL. The T- Factor overlay is the same for M to XL. So your binding size difference would be in the toe piece. I think I would agree with @SlalomSteve, it may depend more if your foot is narrow or wide.
  • swbcaswbca Posts: 796 Crazy Baller
    I have an XL and with size 12 foot. I suggest size XL for size 11. I use no lace tension on the bottom lace because the rubber is very tight. The amount of tension on the upper lace is a personal compromise between lateral support and being able to eject in a bad fall. With a 11 foot you could tighten the top lace to suit your priority between lateral support and safety using an XL binding. The ability to tighten the bottom lace would make up the difference between a size 12 foot and size 11 foot. I don't tighten the bottom at all.
    Home of the world's first submersible slalom course.
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 1,153 Crazy Baller
    Size 11 in a large (medium width foot)

Get the boot hot in a tub of water Real hot Soap up slid I asap pull lanes as tight as possible

(After it cools enough so you will not get burned of coarse )

Wear until it cools

This will help the break in period no matter what size you choose

awesome snug comfortable fit after this process in done
    jipster43
  • kckc Posts: 351 Crazy Baller
    My son is a size 12 shoe, medium width. He wears large T-factors (front and rear).
  • fernandofleckfernandofleck Posts: 16 Baller
    I’m 11,5 and Tfactor XL fits perfectly on my foot
  • Kwoody51Kwoody51 Posts: 145 Baller
    edited June 29
    I’m 11.5 normal width and use a size large.

It’s tight but not uncomfortable.
  • ScarletArrowScarletArrow Posts: 882 Crazy Baller
    Thanks guys. Ordered Large from @perfski and arrived today.
    Anthony Warren
  • IGskiIGski Posts: 91 Baller
    I'm 11.5 foot. Ordered an XL and had to send back and buy the Large because my foot would slide forward slightly even with laces pulled tight. The Large is pretty tight on me but it is way better. You should be perfect at size 11.
  • MDB1056MDB1056 Posts: 1,048 Crazy Baller
    Use plenty of lube/ soap
    Deanoski
  • BlenderBlender Posts: 5 New Baller
    I’m size 11 and where a large T-factor in front rtp in the back. Used the large for 8-10 years. Early season will have discomfort after 8 passes. A few years ago started keeping the lace loose over the foot. That helped. Per Terry Winter’s recommendation, I tighten the upper laces as tight as I can get them. I never come out; hence, never any ankle issues since I started this using this method. That being said, I am older and wiser and let go over rope when I am out of position.
  • skimtbskimtb Posts: 560 Crazy Baller
    Lost a t factor lace lock. Do I call them or is this an “off the shelf” item?
  • DragoDrago Posts: 1,795 Mega Baller
    SR SL Judge & Driver (“a driver who is super late on the wheel and is out of sync”)
  • skimtbskimtb Posts: 560 Crazy Baller
    Thanks @Drago I didn’t see the2nd page.
    Has anyone replaced the overlay? How hard is that?
  • DragoDrago Posts: 1,795 Mega Baller
    Not difficult at all.Start at the heel.
    SR SL Judge & Driver (“a driver who is super late on the wheel and is out of sync”)
    MDB1056