Narrowing Ski Vest Choice - User Comments

ALPJrALPJr Posts: 2,863 Mega Baller
edited July 5 in Skis Fins Bindings
Almost time for a new vest. Any real world user comments on these three 2022 vests?
Camaro Core Comp
Camaro Impact Pro
Eagle Ultralite

Comments

• sgreggsgregg Posts: 45 Baller
    If you feel like expanding your list to four - super happy with my Stokes Evo 2
    Obrienslalomshoeskiman
  • JASJAS Posts: 332 Crazy Baller
    Evo 2 was my choice, no looking back.
    Obrienslalom
  • 503Kento503Kento Posts: 175 Baller
    Love my stokes as well, definitely worth taking a look at.
    Get high, get fast, and do some good work
    Obrienslalom
  • OKSkierOKSkier Posts: 144 Baller
    Just got a Camaro Core vest - beautiful. Super sleek and refined.
  • tjmtjm Posts: 401 Solid Baller
    Stokes
  • aussiemcaussiemc Posts: 141 Baller
    The D3 Impact Vest is made by Camaro. Great vest and reversible.
  • Ski2000Ski2000 Posts: 90 Baller
    Love my stokes
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 7,070 Mega Baller
    Why all the love for the Evo2? What's better about it?
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • DanoDano Posts: 229 Baller
    edited July 6
    Stokes has impressed me. I was skeptical i'd like mine when I bought it, It seemed a little bulkier and than my previous vests. Having worn it all season i can honestly say i'm really enjoying it. Fits well, is comfortable, seems durable, has not stretched out at all, does not inhibit movement in any way. It has significantly more flotation than my old slasher vest, which is a nice feature on public water. It does what its suppose to do and it does it well.
    customski
  • chrislandychrislandy Posts: 373 Crazy Baller
    I bought an impact vest from Picture, never heard of them before but it's really comfy, doesn't bind or restrict movement, it's fairly floaty and made from recycled materials (tyres and water bottles I think)
  • ellenmellenm Posts: 31 Baller
    I love Eagle brand but broke my ribs last year due to lack of padding on the sides. I now wear a rib protector shirt underneath when I wear this vest. You can buy them online. Not very expensive.
  • B_SB_S Posts: 347 Crazy Baller
    You guys got me all excited to order a Stokes, as I need a new vest as well. Unfortunately, they only seem to be available in size M or smaller right now, and I need a large. :'(
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 182 Baller
    They have been out of stock on the larger sizes for a long time now. I would imagine they are dealing with the usual supply chain issues.
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 2,863 Mega Baller
    Thanks for the comments. I’m a little surprised that there’s not any experience with the Eagle Ultralite - looks like their top of the line.
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,808 Mega Baller
    edited July 7
    I’m typically very loyal to a company that puts out good products and is loyal to me with good customer service. My ski partner blew out the side of a brand new Eagle vest and they said (paraphrasing) not our problem and sent it back to him, not even offering him repair with cost. I had a new Eagle Platinum and my old Eagle at the time, so haven’t had to replace yet. So, with his experience, and the annoyance of their stitching coming undone (which, to me, is really more of a cosmetic issue) I will be looking elsewhere. In fairness though, and full disclosure, I have LOVED, my Eagles and they have lasted years, even with the stitching issues noted above.
    I don’t have any experience with any of the others but the Aqua Flyers I’ve seen look like my next vest
    ISP6ball
  • pinelakeriderpinelakerider Posts: 8 Baller

Happy with my new Stokes
    Anyone tried the O’Neill Outlaw new for 2022?
  • dislanddisland Posts: 1,527 Mega Baller
    My Eagle vest stitching came out also. Didnt even try dealing with them about it
    Dave Island- Princeton Lakes
    aupatking
  • steeliejunkiesteeliejunkie Posts: 15 New Baller
    I would love to get a stokes, but I need a large as well. Hoping they can get some product back in stock soon. I have loved the 3/4 wetsuit I got from them!
    edited July 13
    I’ve been in the O’Neill Assault CGA vests for 30 years. Anyone have experience with the latest version of the Assault with the nytrolyte foam?
  • MDB1056MDB1056 Posts: 1,048 Crazy Baller
    edited July 13
    Have 5 Oneil, 2 Connelly and 1 Eagle. All older- all still great . Fun to rotate
  • chris55chris55 Posts: 421 Crazy Baller
    Stokes evo 2 !!!! The best and durable !!!!