Broken 2018 HO Syndicate VTX

ataylor6085ataylor6085 Posts: 2 New Baller
About a month ago I was free skiing and I internally broke, the outside laminate held together, my 2018 HO Syndicate VTX 66". I do not ski very aggressively, hit nothing, and cannot think of any other logical reason as to how I would be able to break a ski. It has been stored in a bag, inside for the entirety of its' life outside of being on the boat for skiing. I spoke to HO support regarding the matter and was basically told to get lost since it was past its' 1-year warranty. I was told by them to contact my dealer, but the ski was bought on a college ski team deal and I do not have access to information as to how the ski was acquired. I have been told by others that HO has good service, but I have not had this experience. Does anyone have suggestions as to how I could get the ski either replaced or upgraded at a reduced cost due to the unexplainable nature of the break, especially when it was not that old?

Comments

• RednucleusRednucleus Posts: 842 Mega Baller
    I would probably be disappointed if my 4-5 year old ski failed, but would not expect the manufacturer to help with that many miles on it. And, If I really liked the ski I would probably look at new models of the same brand to replace it. Skis break, they wear out, some quicker than others.
    Andre
  • ataylor6085ataylor6085 Posts: 2 New Baller
    @BraceMaker It was a graphic blemish, but sold with a guarantee of no structural problems.
    DavidN
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 5,203 Mega Baller
    @ataylor6085 just out of curiosity then. If you went out tomorrow and spent the 2K on a brand new one. Not a demo not a used one not a blem. And you get 2 years and it breaks. How upset will you be?

Because that also will be outside of warranty and was new and structurally sound.

Not all skis break but stuff happens
    Rednucleus