HELP! Power but no power to push to start or screen!

JayadamsJayadams Posts: 8
edited July 28 in Boat Talk
Hopefully someone can help!

Went on a 2 week vacation, came home and went to ski. Boat turned on and cranked normally, took a set and came back to the dock. Turned the main power off, turned it back on and nothing. No click, no electronics, and no power to the screen or the push to start button. I've checked literally every connection I can think of. Also tested the battery voltage.

Hopefully it's something silly that will fix it! Oh, I also checked all the breakers and 50 AMP breaker on the back of the engine. All seem to be good and not tripped.

Comments

• ProStah_SkiahProStah_Skiah Posts: 26 Baller
    One thing I'd confirm is that your kill switch didn't get accidentally opened. I can't remember for sure if it also shuts the screen down in addition to the ignition.
    NameUnavailable
  • JayadamsJayadams Posts: 8
    @ProStah_Skiah checked that as well.
  • MastercrafterMastercrafter Posts: 440 Crazy Baller
    What year boat? Red or blue engine? The later blue engines have an EPDM module next to the 50a breaker which requires a computer to reset the internal breakers. The red engines have a Bussman fuse block with a cover you can remove and inspect plastic fuses.

When you turn your key on, do the fuel pump or throttle plate cycle? Gauges move? With doghouse open, you can hear a high-pitch whine as the throttle actuator cycles.

These boats sent 12v to the helm through the engine wiring harness, so hopefully there's a simple broken power link, versus fried screen etc. Could have coincidentally taken out the keyed ignition switch, as well.

• HortonHorton Posts: 32,648 Administrator
    GO SEE YOUR DEALER

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ☆DBSkis ☆Denali ☆Goode ☆GiveGo ☆MasterCraft ☆ Masterline 

Performance Ski and Surf ☆ Reflex ☆ Radar ☆ Rodics OffCourse ☆ S Lines ☆ Stokes ☆

Justin
    edited July 29
    Obviously taking it to the dealer is what I'm going to do since Will Bush told me today it's probably something that can't be fixed on my own. I was just hoping it might be a simple relay or fuse that I could fix on my own to get back up and running. I have Nationals in a week and was trying to get as much practice in as possible. Thanks to my neighbor with a 2021 ProStar he gave me the keys to use as I desire. Perks of having great neighbors.

@Mastercrafter - its a 2019 with blue 6.2L. I saw a E systems box below the breaker and another box above the breaker with a red power cable running into the center of the box with plugs on both sides. That's it! No whine or clicks coming from engine or anywhere. It's like nothing is happening at all when the keyed ignition is turned on. Or for the main power for that matter.
    Found out my engine has a EPDM module. How do you reset these, if possible. Boat goes to the dealer this week but still holding on to hope that a quick fix might be possible.
    As I mentioned earlier the EPDM can only be reset with a computer with Diacom software. It’s basically a solid state relay module. You can actually buy the software and cables but it’s about $750 plus a windows computer. In my opinion, not a bad setup to have with these boats as it can save trips, waiting, and $ at the dealer once out of warranty.
  • NameUnavailableNameUnavailable Posts: 48 Baller
    I would check kill switch or is it in neutral....
    @Mastercrafter I'm not so sure...I guess the only way to know is to hook a PC and the software up to it. But I don't think the ECM is getting power if the ePDM is fried, right?
    Correct.. the EPDM distributes all of the power to the rest of the engine/boat functions. It’s probably not fried, but rather tripped. It’s like a breaker panel in your house.
    @Mastercrafter - True but what if it tripped the breaker for the ECU/ECM, how's the software going to talk to the ECU? I'll keep you updated, guy up the street from me has the cable and software.
    @Mastercrafter - Like I thought, DIACOM wasn't able to connect.
    Ugh, that’s annoying. I thought you could connect to either ECU or EPDM and had hope that it might work. Sounds like to the dealer it goes.
    @Jayadams i have a spare EPDM from a 5.7, if they’re the same PN I can ship it to you to try.
    Andre
  • CaleBurdickCaleBurdick Posts: 61 Baller
    make sure the nuts that connect the wires to your battery/kill switch are tight.