Need some recommendations, thinking about a HO hovercraft

I was hoping to get a recommendation on a Slalom Ski. Right now I have have an old pair of ski's that I drop one when I want to slalom. I am looking to get a dedicated Slalom ski for use, but deep water starts are tough on my knees and back. We live on a River so dropping a ski works but it a hassle to find the ski that has floated down river. I am looking for something with easier deep starts that other new riders can enjoy and learn on without loosing too much fun with more experienced riders.

I like what the HO Hovercraft is marketed as, but I haven't seen much in terms of reviews on them.

I am 6'2" ~190# in pretty ok shape, but not great. I am much more interested in sub 30mph cruising and open water carving than serious slalom.

Is the Hovercraft the right choice or am i overlooking another ski?

Comments

• InterjonInterjon Posts: 32 Baller
    For ease of getting up and low stress while up, it is excellent. I have taught many folks how to "deep water start" using one. Now, if you want to carve, look somewhere else.

For getting up and cruising at 20-24 MPH, perfect.
    me78569ReallyGottaSki
  • Ski_DadSki_Dad Posts: 541 Solid Baller
    the Hovercraft is suited for 20 mph and under - get's weird at higher speeds. I would highly suggest a Radar Session - i have one in my collection.
    me78569
  • me78569me78569 Posts: 3
    thanks for the suggestion I will take a look at that one
  • jgills88jgills88 Posts: 155 Baller
    Similar ski as the others, but I swear by Connelly's Big Daddy as a "easy up" Ski. You can't go wrong with any of them though
    Akron Waterski -- Always looking for water
    me78569
  • jjackkrashjjackkrash Posts: 1,247 Mega Baller
    At 190 lbs., a 69 or 71 inch Radar Senate, Union, or Terrain would all fit the bill, in descending order of ski performance and ascending order of ease of deep water start.
    me78569
  • me78569me78569 Posts: 3
    I think the Radar Session is the ticket for what I would like. thanks again for the recommendations.