When do you change your settings?

Keith_MenardKeith_Menard Posts: 847 Mega Baller
I was thinking about this this morning. I am skiing reasonably well right now on my 22 Vapor. Probably not by most here's standards, but making my 34/15 about 80% of the time, flirting with 2-3 balls at 22 off. My next tournament is over labor day.

So when do YOU change your settings? Beginning of the season, end of the season, if you are in a slump?

Comments

• Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 2,207 Mega Baller
    Whenever I feel like I need to learn something - is there another setting that will help the ski perform the way I want it to? For me, this year has been about learning how fin changes make the ski behave differently (that I can feel). I have been on some pretty cool settings and some not so great settings. When you can feel the difference in the behavior of the ski because of the changes, that is when it gets exciting. You will learn a lot from doing so. If you want to learn something, go ahead and change the settings and see how the changes feel to you. Might even land on something you like better. You may already have it but the Fin Whispering book is money - think a second edition is coming out too.
  • ScottScottScottScott Posts: 1,412 Mega Baller
    Right up until I realize it's not the ski....its me.
    MDB1056MattPjhughesKeith_Menard
  • MDB1056MDB1056 Posts: 1,104 Mega Baller
    Agree 100% with @ScottScott . Don’t drink the Kool-aid that tweaks at the longer line lengths are going to noticeably move the needle. Focus on form first always
    jhughesPatM
  • BrennanKMNBrennanKMN Posts: 599 Crazy Baller
    I am a firm believer in running stock settings until you're stroking -32's. Unless a experienced skier or coach says otherwise I'd keep it stock. 99 times out of 100, form is the root of issues at longer line lengths.
    jhughesSlalomSteve
  • gsm_petergsm_peter Posts: 854 Crazy Baller
    @BrennanKMN
    You are most certingly absolutely fully corret!!!

I would like to pay a substansially great sum for another line lengt. My problems are from my heels and up. Not under my heels...

And sorry a LOT (plus 100 sets) of really good coaching do not give me any more boies. Ok some injuries prohibit progress.....
    Life is too short not to enjoy every day!
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 3,913 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    If you can accurately put it back where you started if it doesn’t work, there is nothing wrong with an experiment.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    BobFSkoot1123Bruce_ButterfieldGloersen
  • thagerthager Posts: 5,603 Mega Baller
    I check my settings every few weeks or after an abnormally bad day on the water. Skis get bumped, dropped, stepped on, and sometimes just mysteriously change. Then I put them back to where they were working before.
    Stir vigorously then leave!
    jjackkrashDeanoski