2022 Nautique 200 Wakes

Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,413 ★★★★Quad Panda Award Recipient ★★★★
Hello Folks
I have a question and would appreciate any remedies, people might have, we took delivery of a New Nautique 200 around April time.
When Skiing 32mph @ 22 off the wakes seem to be very hard indeed, other boat speeds and line lengths do not seem to be affected, does anybody have a fix for this or is it simply Hull Design.

The only other issue is that the trim tab keeps moving , think we have a fix for this.

Looking Forward To Getting On The Water, It Has Been A Bleak Winter

Comments

• AJL60AJL60 Posts: 7 New Baller
    Hi All, not sure if this makes a difference but I believe this 200 is Bryant built.
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 3,913 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    The 200 hull is not known for being forgiving at -22. If you want a fix, ski -28.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    ScottScott
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,834 Crazy Baller
    I don't know the years definitively, but the 2022 was NOT Bryant built.

Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge

Broussardjayski
    I have been looking at the weight differences between the 2017 CB and the 2022 OB boats can anybody in the know confirm the correct weights, no extras included.
  • skierjpskierjp Posts: 1,281 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Adjustments can be made to the Hydrogate. Also, less fuel helps, 2 people in the boat, no weight in the bow, etc. Watching Nationals this year behind the Malibu the wake looked terrible for some and not for others at the same speed and line length. The better skiers that are stacked properly and understand the correct pull zone had no issues with the wake and looked seamless. Other that may not have had proper technique was getting their butt kicked.
    ScottScott
  • HortonHorton Posts: 32,819 Administrator
    @AJL60
    The hulls were built at Bryant for a while. I'm not 100% sure but I think the molds were moved back to Orlando so the whole boats are again built at Nautique.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ☆DBSkis ☆Denali ☆Goode ☆GiveGo ☆MasterCraft ☆ Masterline 

Performance Ski and Surf ☆ Reflex ☆ Radar ☆ Rodics OffCourse ☆ S Lines ☆ Stokes ☆

BroussardAJL60
  • BroussardBroussard Posts: 845 Mega Baller
    @skierjp Not sure if you were comparing throughout the week or skier to skier, but the Malibu has a 40 gallon fuel tank and fuel level has a significant effect on its wake compared to other boats.
    Andre Broussard | Action Water Sports | WakeHouse | SkiBennetts |
    Mastercrafter
  • jjackkrashjjackkrash Posts: 1,247 Mega Baller
    There is a definitely sweet spot for the hydrogate and it might need some micro-adjustment up or down. I'd use a straight edge and see if it lines up with the rails as a place to start if you have the weight distribution right and you don't have a tower.
  • WolfeieWolfeie Posts: 189 Baller
    I had heard that the newer versions of the 200 when Natique moved the manufacturing to Bryant are 300 to 400 pounds heavier because of the materials used and manufacturing process? This would certainly add to the 22 off wake. Some people just can't leave a good thing alone.
    Brad Wolfe - Ski West Village, Arvin, Ca; Radar Pro Build, SN 200, I can see Ball of Spray headquarters from my lake house.
  • dbutcherdbutcher Posts: 570 Crazy Baller
    So when they moved the 200 hull manufacturing back to Florida, did they take out the extra weight?
    Am I wrong to compare the wakes between a 2017 CB and a 2022 OB there is an argument that they are two different boats. The weight that I have taken from the internet is 2850 lbs for the CB and 3400 for the OB, can anybody confirm that this is correct?

• BroussardBroussard Posts: 845 Mega Baller
    @AJL60 The issue is not necessarily whether the boats has seats in the front or not.

While the 2019+ Nautique 200 (which is now called the Ski Nautique 200 again) has the same running surface to my knowledge the deck mold changed and they were using a different construction method when they were being manufactured at Bryant in Tennessee. I believe the Ski Nautique 200 is now being produced at Correct Craft World Headquarters in Orlando.
    Andre Broussard | Action Water Sports | WakeHouse | SkiBennetts |
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 5,291 Mega Baller
    @AJL60 good luck w/ published weights you should consider them largely meaningless for anything other than buying a new truck.
  • LoopSkiLoopSki Posts: 1,006 Mega Baller
    I know what the solution is but you’re not gonna like it
    rogerwAndre
    I'm guessing Prostar 😉
    rogerwAndreScottScott
  • MastercrafterMastercrafter Posts: 478 Mega Baller
    Did someone say Prostar yet?
    rogerwAndreKimbymonScottScott
  • KRoundyKRoundy Posts: 648 Crazy Baller
    If only the Prostar had good wakes at 22… not!
    22 off is a poor spot on every ski boat I’ve ever skied behind. Did a lot of sets at 22 on my 200 last weekend and there is a bump if I am not skiing like I should.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 32,819 Administrator
    I have witnessed a little boat R&D. They can move the roster tail around but it has to go somewhere.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ☆DBSkis ☆Denali ☆Goode ☆GiveGo ☆MasterCraft ☆ Masterline 

Performance Ski and Surf ☆ Reflex ☆ Radar ☆ Rodics OffCourse ☆ S Lines ☆ Stokes ☆

jjackkrashAndreDragoJordan
  • jjackkrashjjackkrash Posts: 1,247 Mega Baller
    @horton is spot on. Every ski boat has a trouble spot somewhere. But that trouble spot can be made worse or minimized depending on set up. And it sure helps to get stacked and balanced and get the weight off your back foot crossing the wake.
  • NashotahNashotah Posts: 21 Baller
    Stevie Boy, it is not your boat!! I currently own a 2019 Nautique 200. Previous boat was 2017 ProStar, before that a 2018 TXI. THEY ARE ALL EXCELLENT, PERIOD. End of story. It is your form, I’m sorry. 22 off on any of these is not the sweet spot but if properly stacked, it is a non issue. Like I said, I’ve owned them all, I just happen to think there is a lot more to a ski boat than the wake. Personally, my last purchase of the 200 came down to what I perceive as superior quality build (just opinion) and superior tracking (fact).
    jayskiskierjpDragoAndre
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,413 ★★★★Quad Panda Award Recipient ★★★★
    edited August 17
    @NashoNash it is a group of people who ski @32mph some have very good form others not so good, we have two boats, one is the closed bow older 200, the other one is the 2022 OB, a big difference between the wakes, it seems the 2022 wake wise is a step backwards.
    It was planned to purchase another OB 200 but that is now under scrutiny.
    We endeavour to have two boats that ski the same

Looking Forward To Getting On The Water, It Has Been A Bleak Winter

@Stevie Boy put a straight edge behind the Hydrogate and see how they compare
    jjackkrash
  • jpwhitjpwhit Posts: 259 Solid Baller
    Take both boats to a truck stop and weight them. If the trailer's aren't the same, use the same trailer.
  • ClydesdaleClydesdale Posts: 326 Crazy Baller
    I’ve got a 2019 and wakes at -22 similar to other 200s I’ve skied, both pre and post 2019 change. If yours is different I would guess it’s something that can be tweaked. Maybe hydrogate.

Like I said, check and compare the HydroGate. Put a straight edge behind the Hydrogate there should just be a slight gap maybe a sixteenth.
    skihart