Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aquaplex House For Sale.

usaski1usaski1 Posts: 750 Crazy Baller
edited April 2011 in Stuff For Sale
<p>
We are putting our house up for sale. Located at Aquaplex, Austin Texas (Buda, TX) This house is on twin private lakes, one 2500 FT long, the other 2700 FT long. The house is 2163 SF, 4 Bedroom, Single story, 3 car garage, 30 foot deep, 10x10 roll up door on one bay. 3/4 acre lot, Hot Tub.  E-mail or post below for more information. $386k
</p>
<p>

</p>
<p>

</p>
Also Here is a new better link for the listing:
http://www.centraltexashomesforsale.com/hays/buda/home/12317-Aquaplex,-Buda,-TX-78610/4203177?search_id=2
Mark Turner -- Water skiing changed my life forever.

Comments

• ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,126
    And right next to the clubhouse and marina. Only about a 100 yard walk to the boat.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• usaski1usaski1 Posts: 750 Crazy Baller
  • jedgelljedgell Posts: 360 Baller
    I'm thinking about moving to the Austin area and have been looking at Aquaplex and San Marcos Ski lakes. I heard that aquaplex had issues last year with water. Is that true? If so is it a regular problem? The prices at Aquaplex are a lot better than San Marcos, and a better commute.
    Justin Edgell - Bozeman, MT
  • FischersYearRoundFischersYearRound Posts: 20 New Baller
    Aquaplex did have water issues last year. However, my understanding is that it's a very rare occurrence (first time it happened). SMRR is new obviously newer. I'd just say that you cannot go wrong with either one. But I think the bottom line is which community you feel most comfortable with, and fit your need better. You should go hang out at each site, and talk with folks who are there. We all know that MAD11 is at Aquaplex.
  • SherwoodSherwood Posts: 31 Baller
    Jedge,
    I live in Austin and I am very familare with both and with Madd11. Please feel free to contact me with questions. I do not officially represent either facility. I am building at SMRR and have leased at Auquaplex when I first moved to Austin (do not read anything into where we decided to build). I can be reached at scisen at ptd dot net.
  • usaski1usaski1 Posts: 750 Crazy Baller
    Jedge, please contact me. I have the house for sale, not sure if those photos are coming through. its also listed at skiitagain.com Again, if interested in my house, contact me, and we'll set up a time for you to come see it/ski it.
    I can be reached at: usaski1 at gmail dot com

As for the water issues, it did have issues in 2009, but in 2010 is was fine all year. Its curently totally skiable.

Mark Turner
  • lakeaustinskierlakeaustinskier Posts: 369 Solid Baller
    I own a lot at Aquaplex but do not live there (I own a home on a public lake-Lake Austin). Due to drought Aquaplex was dry in 2009 but recovered in 2010. Aquaplex is fed by run-off from a large watershed. SMRR is also a great place, however, it relies on pumping from a river. During drought conditions pumping from the river is restricted at SMRR. Both locations are great - Aquaplex is very close to Austin whereas SMRR is not as close.
    Ted Thomson, Austin Texas, Aquaplex
  • jedgelljedgell Posts: 360 Baller
    Mark,
    Thanks for the info. My wife graduates from Pharmacy next May, so we have a while. We lived in Houston for 5 years, been Montana the last 5, want to get back south. I've been following the progress at SMRR closely, but looking at Aquaplex also. I'm hoping to go down for the BOS tournament in Sept and check out both places.

Currently 43 and raining, chance of snow tonight. Cant wait to move.
    Justin Edgell - Bozeman, MT
  • ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,126
    Aquaplex is one of my favorite places to ski. It takes a pretty serious breeze to make it unskiable.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• KelvinKelvin Posts: 1,221 Mega Baller
    MAD11 doesn't want his secret to get out. The conditions at the starting dock can look horrible, but the course will be fine.
    Kelvin Kelm, Lakes of Katy, Katy Texas
  • LakeOneSkierLakeOneSkier Posts: 292 Baller
    If you're looking to 'get back south' why stop in Austin? Keep on coming down... down past Houston to Lago Santa Fe! :-)

http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&category=Real_Estate&postid=14472
    Baller Index: -31.67
  • MAD11MAD11 Posts: 578 Crazy Baller
    Thanks Kelvin. Last time I tell you anything secret.