ATTENTION NATIONAL PROMO BOAT PROGRAM PARTICIPANTS

HortonHorton Posts: 31,525 Administrator
edited April 2011 in News & Other Stuff

Do you participate in a National Promotional Boat Program?  Always concerned about selling the boat at the end of the season?  If so, then this announcement is for you!

SKI-IT-AGAIN.COM and BallOfSpray have devised an EXCLUSIVE SIA category just for you!   The PROMO BOAT category!

PROMO BOAT tops the long list of available categories on the SIA website and is part of a new PRO CATEGORIES section.  The PROMO BOAT category is aimed at providing the Professional Skier and Promotional Boat Program participant an exclusive place to post their annual work horse, in an attempt to increase exposure to prompt a quick sale.  The MONSTER PLUS is the addition of a PROMO BOAT RSS FEED to the SIA RSS page, so other websites can pick up on this exclusive category, getting your boat posting out to that many more people beyond the SIA website.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

The PROMO BOAT category is an option on the standard CREATE POSTING form, however, a special code is required at the bottom of the form since this is an exclusive category.  The code can be obtained directly from SIA or BOS, or another qualified Promo Boat Program Participant who already has a posting in PROMO BOAT category.  This special access code will be changed periodically but existing posting owners will be notified.

Most of the boat manufacturer's require Promo Boat owners to NOT post a price to protect their retailers.  The CREATE POSTING form still gives you the option, but if you leave it blank, the ASKING PRICE will say "Contact Seller".  Further refinements of the CREATE POST page and details page are underway, to customize the page specifically for the PROMO BOAT owner needs.

ALREADY HAVE YOUR BOAT LISTED IN THE COMP BOAT CATEGORY?

You can transfer your posting to the PROMO BOAT category one of two ways.  The easiest way:  let SIA know you are part of a National Program and it will move your posting.  This has already been done for many who have their posting on the site.  The next option, is use the REVISE POSTING feature along with your normal posting credentials (email and password used to create the posting), and change the category yourself and enter the PROMO BOAT CODE at the bottom of the form.

WHAT DO I DO ONCE THE BOAT SELLS?

There is no change to the process to remove the posting. Simply use the REVISE POSTING feature with your posting credentials to mark your posting as SOLD or REMOVE.  The idea is: SOLD means the SIA site helped sell the item.  REMOVE means you sold it another way or just need to delete it.

WHAT DOES THIS SERVICE COST?

NADA ... ZIP ... ZERO ... IT'S FREE BABY!!!  Just another way SIA is trying to serve the water ski community.

Have any questions?  Drop a line to John or LarryG and they will be happy to help out.

[email protected]

[email protected]

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf★ Reflex★ Radar★ Rodics OffCourse ★ Stokes

Comments

• RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,794 Mega Baller
    I notice this on SIA, good work Horton ! As soon as my MC arrives I'll be posting !
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • Nick SullivanNick Sullivan Posts: 676 Baller
    This is awesome Horton and Larry.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 31,525 Administrator
    Here is the link the the BOS version http://www.ballofspray.com/promo-boats

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

• skibugskibug Posts: 2,160
    Looks like Nick Parson's Malibu is setting the mark for promo boat pricing. That seems like a good deal.
    Bob Grizzi
    NOTE: Click the link under BallOfSpray logo that says “Promo Boats”. This is an RSS feed. ANY web site can have this link.

Please feel free to forward this announcement to any and all other ski web sites. I my hope is that it starts here spreads across to all ski web sites. We must support the promo guys.

There are now 20 boats on the list. List your boat and/or tell other web sites that they can do it. Please post the RSS feed EVERYWHERE.

• Not_The_PugNot_The_Pug Posts: 661 Crazy Baller
    I have a question for Promo boat owners. I might have the opportunity to join one of the major promo teams. I have done the promo deal in the past with MB, so I know most of the details of dealing with a promo boat. The hardest thing about MB was that no one in the general public knew what the boat was (1990's), so it was hard to sell. I was wondering how individuals were having success selling their boats in the current economic times. I like the idea of a Promo sales tool like on Ski-it-again/Ball of Spray. Any other tips/suggestions on dealing with a promo boat would be helpful. Good or bad.

Thanks,
    Kevin
  • KlingerKlinger Posts: 71 Baller
    This is my first year as a promo guy for MC. I will have better advice at the end of the year. I fear that stupid high gas prices will hurt the boat market. Time will tell.... I do love having the boat, and I go to most all tournaments in the area anyway, so it was kind of a no brainer for me. Good luck with your choice!
  • Not_The_PugNot_The_Pug Posts: 661 Crazy Baller
    The tournaments are not an issue, I'm going anyways, so towing a boat there is not an issue. Plus being chief driver at a few, knowing a boat will be there will help. :)

Kilinger, good luck on the first year. MC is a great boat. Like the new look this year.

Kevin
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,794 Mega Baller
    Kevin - I was fortunate in that my dealer had a buyer for the 2010 boat, and that made it really easy to order a 2011. Hopefully someone will want this boat, put down a deposit, and we'll be able to do it again for 2012. If not, I'm content to keep and use this boat - I had my last MC for almost 16 years !
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • clemsondaveclemsondave Posts: 369 Baller
    I got crushed on my '08 Nautique. Since the 200 came out, I've done very well. My '10 sold without advertising and my '11 was 'pre-ordered'. There is always a little worry since these things cost so much money, but knock on wood, the 200 is selling. I think people that can spend that much for a boat are not effected as much by the economy as the rest of the world. They also have a passion that pushes them into having the latest and greatest (I'm certainly guilty of that one).

Thanks John and Larry for this service!
    Dave Satterfield - Richmond Water Ski Club