Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ski Test

HortonHorton Posts: 28,272 Administrator
edited April 2011 in Reviews
My deal this year was that I had to be skiing at a reasonable level before I started Ski Test. I ran 6 back to back 35s today so I guess it is time.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ McClintock's

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 28,272 Administrator
    edited April 2011
    UPDATE: I totally changed my mind on first paragraph - no longer true.

In order to maintain continuity and structure, this section of the forum will not accept comments. Please do not hesitate to create another thread relating to what you read in the Ski Tests category. By locking down this part of the forum I am not trying to stifle comments, I'm just trying to make sure my messages are not lost in the background noise.

It is my intention to keep brief notes on each ski on a frequent basis and then write a formal summary as I finish with each ski. I will also be keeping a log with notes from every ride. You can see that log under the "Gear Reviews" menu at the top of the page. If you go there now you will find my preseason notes.

edited April 2011
    So for the last set of the weekend I finally rode the Razor. Considering that I was physically spent when I went out, hands were bloody and I was in a new set of bindings, I do not have a lot to say about the ski. I ran some 28s and 32s. The first pass was embarrassing and the 6th pass was pretty good.

I will take 25 to 30 rides on the Razor before I write a summary and go to the next ski. I hope to take about 6 rides in the next week. I should have something real to say then

edited April 2011
    I want to conduct the ski tests this year as publicly as possible. I stated in an above post that I would block you guys from commenting on the Ski Test posts. This was so I could keep the subject matter on target. I thought about it & I think that's a bad idea.

The only restriction I have left in place is that you cannot start your own discussion in the Ski Test category. This simply allows me to segregate my Ski Test posts from everything else on the forum.

I guess the bottom line is: how I'm going to use the forum for the ski tests has not been completely flushed out.

• eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,929 Infinite Pandas
    "Hands were bloody". John don't play with Razors!
    Sorry everybody, now he will block us from posting again!
    Eric
  • MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,775 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    I am glad you are the one doing this. 25-30 sets is a half season for me! I am interested to hear what you say about the Sans Rival.
    ooooo man I hope I can get a darn SansRival. Krista has one but she is not skiing enough yet to try it. Soon she tells me. Soon.

• kristakrista Posts: 26 Baller
    Saturday! This Saturday! I'll video.
  • DirtDirt Posts: 1,604 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Midpoint of the season and you have reviewed Razor, HO A2 and D3 Fusion. SansRival soon and then? I am interested in a Goode Midride review.
    Anyone else have suggestions for the Ball of Hair?
    I learned everything I know not to do from Horton
    I hope to get to the Vice and S2 also. Nano has been ordered.

• Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 2,130
    I can't wait to read a comparison with the Fusion vs Nano. I hope the Nano you ordered was a Mid.
    Special Thanks to Performance Ski and Surf and the Denali Adam's !!!
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,297 Mega Baller
    at this rate he may get one or two more done before winter :-)
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
    edited July 2011
    I ordered a Mid Nano

I am sort of trying to talk about stong or weak points of each ski and not really compair directly. My assumption it that they will have very diff personalities

• jdarwinjdarwin Posts: 1,379 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    "My assumption it that they will have very diff personalities" - I can't wait for you to ride the Nano!!
    Joe Darwin
    It will really be fall before I get to a Nano. I will try to finish Fusion early next week then SansRival SR1 & SR2. I really want to get a Vice next... think it may be the best ski no one is on. I am also excited about the S2 so..... it just goes on and on.

• WishWish Posts: 7,891 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited July 2011
    Test rode the Vice. U r correct in your assumption. And doncha feel a little bit the same way about the HO Co-Xsl
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • AggieSkierAggieSkier Posts: 200 Baller
    Don't forget to test the Ski Seat XW http://theskiseat.com/

I hear Ski Seat Worlds will be in Dubna
  • MarcoMarco Posts: 1,413 Crazy Baller
    It looks like it could be kinda rough on the...ahem...twins.