Original ballers

HortonHorton Posts: 31,482 Administrator
edited April 2011 in News & Other Stuff
There is a core group of guys that built this site with me. I call them the “Original ballers”. Many of them were with me on the previous forum. Many of them were fans of CarbonFins. Many of them were involved with the Ski Tests I did for WaterSkiMagazine.

I'm not sure I have identified them all but I will. When you see a post with the text “Original Baller” you will know the person who wrote it has been around this forum for a number of years. With the exception of Eric or Brent you can generally trust these guys.

This site would not be here without them. Darwin, Ward, DW, TeamMalibu, Keith, Mark, Smart, Toby, Roger, Shane, Jones, Gloersen, Chuck, Bruce (Holy Crap Bruce!) Carl, Ez-Ed .…. The list goes on and on.

I give Eric a hard time but he is as much of an Original Baller as anyone. Brent… yea even Brent. The site has grown at a dramatic rate in the last year but I do not want to lose track of that core group of guys that love skiing and built this site with me. I do not want to lose track of the roots of BallOfSpray. The Original Ballers are the Roots of BallOfSpray.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf★ Reflex★ Radar★ Rodics OffCourse ★ Stokes

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 31,482 Administrator
    edited April 2011
    If you have been with BOS since the early days and I missed you.... don't be sad, just send me and email or message here

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

• Old MS AccoutOld MS Accout Posts: 2,114 Baller
    Thager is a Baller
  • Ham_WallaceHam_Wallace Posts: 533 Solid Baller
    What is the Original date of membership? I have a Carbon Fin!
    Am I a jumper that wants to be a slalom skier? Or a slalom skier that wants to be a jumper?
    edited April 2011
    MS,
    Yep Thager is an Original Baller. I changed him over. I am sure he is not only one I missed.

Ham,
    Looks like you first joined on 07. You do not exactly match my definition for ”Original Baller” but you are the HamBone.

• konakona Posts: 528 Baller
    Hmm Original Ballers a Group of Yahoos Networking. OBGYN's ;)
    Bob Boyle - I am my girls father
  • Ed_ObermeierEd_Obermeier Posts: 1,345 Crazy Baller
    I'm flattered and honered that you've included me in the list John, thank you. This site Rocks!
    Ed Obermeier - owner, EZ-Slalom Course Systems
    www.ez-slalom.com
    edited April 2011
    Ed,
    You have been around since the beginning. You helped build this community. Thank you.

Brent,
    I guess I could create a badge for "BoneHead Baller" You, MS and Eric.

Off topic as ever. I wish we skied together so I could really yell at you without being a dick.

• konakona Posts: 528 Baller
    I guess I spent to much time at the WTF place before switching. Oops I mean TWF ;) Better late than never Baller.
    Bob Boyle - I am my girls father
    Brent Rocks
  • boarditupboarditup Posts: 585 Crazy Baller
    Perhaps a "carbon baller" from the old days....
    Karl DeLooff - Powered by the wind
  • BoodyBoody Posts: 613 Baller
    I joined September 2007, can't believe its that long. Do I qualify?

I also can't believe how this site has grown. It is where to go to any and all information quicker than anywhere else. Thanks for the great site!

Mike
  • ScarletArrowScarletArrow Posts: 835 Crazy Baller
    I think I made one post and contributed nothing to the original slalom tweakers forum...I should be in the HOF!
    Anthony Warren
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 2,297
    Just wondering. When did you have to start posting to be included on the list.

Ski Great, ED
    Special Thanks to Performance Ski and Surf and the Denali Adam's !!!
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,792 Mega Baller
    my claim to fame is that I sold Boody my carbon fin
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
    Is that why I let Boody in? If I had remembered where he came from....

• BoodyBoody Posts: 613 Baller
    Ha! Forgot to mention all the great friends I have met on here, Doane, Officer Friendly and Smart to name a few.
  • TuneyTuney Posts: 244 Baller
    I like the concept behind this. But maybe a little logo beside the username would make for less clutter? It could even say Original Baller when someone does a mouse over on it. that big logo kind of disrupts the flow of the forum.
    I agree it is not as pretty as it could be. I will make the graphic smaller when I can get to it. I am not really a programer so until I can pay someone to do stuff like that - you get what I can do.

• jdarwinjdarwin Posts: 1,381 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    OMG - the ski tests! You were hard up for content in those days. We actually tested an HO System 8!! Hilarious. But getting that first load of Fischers straight from Austria was pretty cool. My, how things have changed.
    Joe Darwin
  • RogerRoger Posts: 1,608 Mega Baller
    Wow, from the humble beginnings through all the growth, this place remains the one quality site for discussion of our sport without everyone squabbling. I'm honored to be included!
    Roger B. Clark - Okeeheelee skier. Senior driver, Senior Judge
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,475 Mega Baller
    Be careful Brent, I think there may be a copywright infringment on the term "ROCKS". Legally you have to credit MS everytime you use it or you will be getting letters from his attornies.
    NWA....Heaven on earth!
  • ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,282
    Ward saying you have to credit MS is like when you go to the zoo and the zookeeper says "Don't feed the monkeys."
    Shane "Crash" Hill

I think I probably have the record for being banned.
    My "Radar Rocks" is a patent from the WSM ski test.
  • kstateskierkstateskier Posts: 524 Solid Baller
    honored to be an original baller :)
    KStateSkier
    Bradley Beach - Lone Rock Ski Club, Missouri
    2004 Malibu Response LXI, 2014 D3 Helix 66"
  • tsixamtsixam Posts: 372 Baller
    The Intergalactic Baller?

Tsixam
    Yea maybe. The point really is to recognize the guys that made the site happen. Not about me.

• skibugskibug Posts: 2,158
    WOW!!!! I guess I didn't realize I had been signed up for soooo long. I don't know most of the "original ballers" (if any) personally; but, honored to be tagged. This site has been great and I have always preached it to all my skiing cohorts for getting the straight dope and some level of entertainment to boot.
    Bob Grizzi
    We do have Eric, Zap! and Brent for entertainment

• DWDW Posts: 2,406 Mega Baller
    edited April 2011
    Great site John, excellent work on your part, fun and informative site with great content. Honored to be part of the club. There is a line in the Top Gun movie that kind of sticks "you two characters . . ." Characters just seems somewhat fitting for some!