Masters prize money

dislanddisland Posts: 1,253 Mega Baller
edited June 2011 in Other Stuff
Question was asked what the prize money was for each event. I couldn't find it on the web site anywhere.

Is it supposed to be a secret? Anyone know what it was?
Dave Island- Princeton Lakes

Comments

• MattPMattP Posts: 5,969 Mega Baller
    edited June 2011
    Not enough... ask any pro skier... it never is
    more than $100,000 in prize money split between all the events and places...
  • BoneHeadBoneHead Posts: 5,999
    Almost all pro tournament are in the $5-6K range for the winner.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• gjohnsongjohnson Posts: 301 Baller
    Greg Johnson ~ Team Beer
  • BulldogBulldog Posts: 1,001 Crazy Baller
    Wow, don't spend it all in one place…...
    Mike Loeffler - "Someone somewhere is having a real problem today...My bad skiing is NOT one of them"
  • ralral Posts: 1,701 Mega Baller
    Not that you would need to get an address in Monaco for tax purposes...
    Rodrigo Andai
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 1,978
    edited June 2011
    I've seen Bass Tounaments for over $250,000 1st Place. Just for catching a Fish !!!!
    Loving the new ZO Rev. S Plus Mode C3+
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,245 Mega Baller
    Bass Fishing is accessible. Everybody thinks they could be a great bass fisherman. Slalom not so much. So bass fishing gets sponsorship. Yeah, it's obvious, but: Prize money is not correlated to challenge level, it's correlated to economics.

But it's probably worth noting that winning major fishing tournaments like that is also a lifetime commitment, and maybe even more so: Fishing all day long is possible and so you know somebody is doing it. And that means anybody who isn't is not likely to ever win a major tournament like that. Skiing all day long would just destroy your body, so there is less advantage to that type of extreme time dedication.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan