Nate Smith Cheats (or is just really really talented)

HortonHorton Posts: 31,709 Administrator
edited June 2011 in Videos, Photos & Media

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf★ Reflex★ Radar★ Rodics OffCourse ★ Stokes

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 31,709 Administrator
    edited June 2011
    These are not necessarily the pretty photos. This is about studying how the boy skis. He is the real deal.

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

• 6balls6balls Posts: 5,905 Mega Baller
    Gotta love another stud rear toe plate skier! He does what Razor1 is trying to get me to do. He is already rising up off the lean and getting taller by the time he's at mid wake as the start of the movement that creates an early edge change. Thanks for the pics.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • JackQJackQ Posts: 474 Open or Level 9 Skier
    Unlike Dr. Michaels, Nate has been good and improving for some time. He does not only ski at his home site and avoid competition, so I think everyone should congratulate him for his performances. If he will have consistancy, time will tell. No one has stepped up to take Andy's place, as Andy replace Bob Lapoint, who eclipsed Kris.
    FYI 100% joking about cheating. Nate is awesome & personally cool dude.

• SchnitzSchnitz Posts: 6
    If your ski is flat in the center of the wakes with the tip perpendicular to the boat path while still under load with your shoulders level, the boat will automatically bring you to the inside edge while your ski continues to move outbound (in the same direction it is pointing utilizing all of the energy that was generated in the acceleration zone; a body in motion stays in motion) and away from the handle thereby creating width and increasing how early one can ski. Pulling long requires the skier to physically change their edge.

Schnitz!
    http://www.schnitzskis.com/natesmith.html
  • skibugskibug Posts: 2,160
    An interesting thing happens in the pre-turn. I noticed this in slow mo vidoes as well. His initial reach is down to the water; then up pointing to the pylon. If my first move was down, my hand would be in the water. Anyone else notice this? Any theories?
    Bob Grizzi
  • WishWish Posts: 8,464 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Skibug, I noticed that to in the vid as well. His reach is down at first but the line is level with the water even when his arm is down. As the ski swings away and he becomes more laid out in the turn, the arm goes up. Basically he keeps the line perfectly level at all times.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • BoodyBoody Posts: 613 Baller
    Well I don't thinks it's the ski, fin or wing. Not the boots either. But what is it?
  • jwroblewjwroblew Posts: 143 Baller
    Anyone ever watch Will Asher ski? His arm goes down and forward in the preturn as well
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 2,297
    The key is to be FREE of the boat to accomplish this. As Nate shows, early acceleration, early edge change, great momentum off the edge change.
    Special Thanks to Performance Ski and Surf and the Denali Adam's !!!
    I will post a slide show of Asher when I can. And T-Gas and others. Lots and Lots (Too Many) of photos to post.

• RogerRoger Posts: 1,614 Mega Baller
    Andy's reach on his offside was also initially down, hmmm...
    Roger B. Clark - Okeeheelee skier. Senior driver, Senior Judge
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 2,297
    I think you will find that if you are free of the boat, reaching down and then up, will help bring your hip to the inside of the turn.
    Special Thanks to Performance Ski and Surf and the Denali Adam's !!!