Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NATE SMITH - 41 Off End Course Video / What do you think if the boat path?

HortonHorton Posts: 30,603 Administrator
edited July 2011 in Technique & Theory

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts★ Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ 

McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Rodics OffCourseStokes

Comments

• RogerRoger Posts: 1,592 Mega Baller
    Excellent. The boat moves a bit, but well within tolerance and more importantly, by the time Nate rounds the buoy and hooks up, the boat is centered each time. I would ski behind this driver any day...
    Roger B. Clark - Okeeheelee skier. Senior driver, Senior Judge
  • RogerRoger Posts: 1,592 Mega Baller
    edited July 2011
    Look at the other video of Nate from in the boat and freeze the video as he gets to the first wake and look at the last gate; the wake is centered every time. This is world class driving. I spend a fair amount of time reviewing end course videos from our tournaments with top drivers like Becky Lathrop and John Shealy and this driver on this pass at least is right there IMO.
    Roger B. Clark - Okeeheelee skier. Senior driver, Senior Judge
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,913 Mega Baller
    I'm not a boat path expert like Roger, but it sure looks sweet to me!
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • jdarwinjdarwin Posts: 1,381 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I had the opportunity to drive some deep shortline w/ the Carbon Pro. It handles/reacts very well. Of course, Will Bush was part of the design team so I'm sure he knows how to walk that dog down the lake!
    Joe Darwin
  • BoodyBoody Posts: 613 Baller
    Great driving!!!!
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,710 Mega Baller
    as good as it gets.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • dislanddisland Posts: 1,476 Mega Baller
    That is pretty damn good
    Dave Island- Princeton Lakes
  • thompjsthompjs Posts: 541 Solid Baller
    I just put the mouse on the approx center of the course, you can see tail wag but the center of windshield stays pretty close to center the whole time.

• KBKB Posts: 38
    Nate can ski and Wilber can drive...fo sho.
    KB
  • DustyDusty Posts: 315 Baller
    Nice driving. Looked to me like he was counter steering correctly. I did not see him "leading the skier". Driving skiers at really short lines is a little different game. Load comes on from a direction that can significantly alter boat path very quickly. Kudos are in order for both driver and skier.