SansRival Ski Test Rides 1 & 2

HortonHorton Posts: 31,709 Administrator
edited July 2011 in Reviews
Holy Crap! The SR2 is nothing like anything else I have skied on so far this year.

Can't say much yet but darn thing is FUN! POW!

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf★ Reflex★ Radar★ Rodics OffCourse ★ Stokes

Comments

• skibugskibug Posts: 2,160
    Fast cross course.....casts out nicely...less effort...from what I remember
    Bob Grizzi
  • ralral Posts: 1,946 Mega Baller
    Better spell correctly the name if you want a happy sponsor...
    Rodrigo Andai
  • HortonHorton Posts: 31,709 Administrator
    Thanks @Ral - yesterday was a long day....

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

edited July 2011
    @skibug where did you try one? I am looking for more settings input. Seems like you ski one as many skis as I do

• skibugskibug Posts: 2,160
    I have been looking for a new ride so I have tried a few skis since the begining of June. My ski partner had 2 of them sent to him from Ty Oppenlander (SP?), there was a softer one and a stiffer one. I think I rode the softer of the two with a steel fin and a carbon fin. The carbon fin certainly allowed the ski to finish better. In general I found the ski to be pretty stable. My ski partner has ridden them both and the stiff one is too stiff per his evaluation (he is 6' 1" 205-210, gets into 39'). The softer one finishes the turn better, especially with the carbon fin. I found if you were early and in good rythm you tended to stay that way; but, if you had to scramble, it was hard to push on it and when you did it really, really didn't want to finish. I think I rode it shallow and long; which is where I think Ty runs the fin. I want to say his depth was really shallow like 2.45". I did not go that shallow. On the 68" (72, 117, 138, 162) I was at 29.75" F.B., 6.940, 2.465, 0.775, 8 degrees. I did not try it shorter and deeper; but, i think my partner did. He rode it both ways and I can't remember which he liked better. I will have to email him for the nubmers since I am in Japan all week.
    Bob Grizzi
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 2,297

75,5 cm

29,750 inch

171,45 mm

6.750 inch

63,51mm

2.500 inch

18,54mm

0.730 inch

This is direct from the Factory Web-Site. Tried these same settings on the Nano and they worked great.
    Special Thanks to Performance Ski and Surf and the Denali Adam's !!!
    edited July 2011
    @Skibug that sounds like Ty Oppenlander's numbers

Depth: 2.444
    Length: 6.832 (with jaws)
    Distance to tail: .732

Wing: 8 degrees (Big GOODE-style wing)

Front boot: 29.75

I have had mixed results with these settings. I am going to try the stock ones today. First 2 rides were insane... skiing conditions (boat and water) have been mixed since.