Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Asymmetrical wing?

kpickettkpickett Posts: 142 Baller
edited March 2008 in Skis Fins Bindings
<p class="MsoNormal">
<font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000">Has anyone here ever toyed with an asymmetrical wing?<span>  </span>I made my own version of Schintz’s mini-wing, and while I was doing it, I wondered if an asymmetrical wing could be tuned to help my offside turn.<span>  </span>I was specifically thinking about using a bigger wing on one side than the other.<span>  </span>Has anyone tried it?</font>
</p>
<p class="MsoNormal">
<font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"></font>
</p>
<p class="MsoNormal">
<font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000">I lurk around here, and I thought this crowd would be the one to ask.</font>
</p>
<p class="MsoNormal">
</p>
<p class="MsoNormal">
<font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000">KWP</font>
</p>
Kyle Wiley Pickett

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 29,569 Administrator
    <p class="MsoNormal">
    <font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000">Hmmmm Yes I have seen it done more then once but always by accident. I also have seen UpSideDown on one side and UpSideUp on the other. </font>
    </p>
    <p class="MsoNormal">
    </p>
    <p class="MsoNormal">
    <font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000">I have seen the right wing angle but pointing up in front as opposed to down (<font size="3"><font color="#000000"><font face="Times New Roman">I did this in college by accident and it worked fine until the finish of the turn where the tip of the ski headed for the bottom of the lake. <span> </span>Typical of me, my ball count was about the same.).<span> </span></font></font></font></font>
    </p>
    <font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font>
    <p class="MsoNormal">
    <font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000">The real question is: with one wing setting how would one side better and with another setting is the other side better? I guess that if you went out a 9 degrees and 2/4 was better but at 7 degrees 1/3 was better then we would have something to talk about. </font>
    </p>
    <p class="MsoNormal">
    <font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000">If you are skiing at 34 and in reasonable water temps I say you should try a few sets without a wing. Here in SoCal a pretty good percent of the 34 guys do not use a wing.</font>
    </p>
    <p class="MsoNormal">
    <font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000">If you really want to play, I have dozens of wings of all shapes. Let me know.</font>
    </p>
    <p class="MsoNormal">
    <font size="3"><font color="#000000"><font face="Times New Roman"><span></span></font></font></font>
    </p>

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly  ★ Basta ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar 

Stella Blue ★ Stokes ★ World WaterSki League