Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sans Rival Ride 13

HortonHorton Posts: 28,322 Administrator
edited August 2011 in Reviews
I had to take off a few days so this was the first ride in 5 days and I was not really with it.

While I was skiing, I was thinking that on any other ski I would be missing passes. My skiing was all over the place and the SR2 just stayed with me. I was early. Freak’n amazing.

This is going to be a hard review to write. I ski really well on this ski but a review that says “The SR2 Rocks” defeats the purpose of what I am trying to do here. I am going to have to go back to some other skis to clear my head before I can write about this ski.

I doubt myself because I think this ski is that good. I am self-conscious because I like everything I ride. The SR2 might be the next level. I date a lot of skis, this girl might be marriage material. I like them all but I might LOVE this ski. Maybe.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ McClintock's

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

Comments

• Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 2,130
    John,

Did you find some numbers that worked well besides the factory numbers? Bindings?

Mine was preset to 6.870 jaws 2.537 .763 Slot and 8 degrees. Bindings 29.75"

Only one set so far. Ski was fast cross sourse but I had to force the turns a little. Will set to factory settings and try again.
    Special Thanks to Performance Ski and Surf and the Denali Adam's !!!
  • bxroadsbxroads Posts: 219
    How long will they finance that ski for?
  • WishWish Posts: 7,893 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited August 2011
    I'm sure there's a government program that will help u pay for it. They seem to have this finance thing down to an art form. Especially when it involves paying another country. :-)
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    Skis are funny. As a friend of mine said recently, "if you guaranteed me that I'd consistently pick up 3-4 buoys from my current average, I'd have my checkbook out in a flash!". They all sound expensive until we start picking up buoys. The other way I look at it is "how" do I get the score. It seems like everytime I get a new ski it may not actually increase my scores right away, but it makes the scores I ski easier, and less taxing on my ever aging body. And anything that extends my ski career, I'm a buyer!
    Jim Ross
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,523 Mega Baller
    The really important question is: If I pronounce it properly in French, does that make me cooler or even dorkier?
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,085
    You'll always be a dork to us, no matter what. ;)
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,523 Mega Baller
    Yes, of course, but I was wondering about the *direction*.

Also, others with less absolute dorkiness might want to know how to pronounce it.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • HortonHorton Posts: 28,322 Administrator
    @Than Bogan it is like Brigitte Bardot. You can say it the French way or wrong way.

(If you Google it.... I am talking about the young version, no the one that looks like your grandmother)

@Ed Johnson I am bone stock and see no reason to change

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ McClintock's

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 2,130
    Went to stock settings, and agree with you. Only difference is I had to move the bindings forward to stop the ski from hunting side to side, waiting for the pullout. This is not a ski for everybody. really likes to be skied aggressively. Also agree it's hard to explain. Like the song, it just screams at me, " Hit Me With Your Best Shot, Fire Away."
    Special Thanks to Performance Ski and Surf and the Denali Adam's !!!
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,690 Mega Baller
    Some guy named Razor something or other sold me a ski for $50 bucks and I instantly picked up my buoy count. Can't wait to see what $1500 gets me. Anyone looking for a nice 67"Elite?
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • WishWish Posts: 7,893 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I'll give ya $50.00 for it.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,690 Mega Baller
    Now that's a Wish!!!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    Thager, glad to hear the count is rising!
    Jim Ross
  • 454SS454SS Posts: 169 Baller