Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ski Test SansRival Ride 30 (bindings back 1/2 a hole)

HortonHorton Posts: 29,548 Administrator
edited September 2011 in Reviews

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly  ★ Basta ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar 

Stella Blue ★ Stokes ★ World WaterSki League

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 29,548 Administrator
    I took one more ride on the SR2 with the bindings back. The ski is way more twitchy with the bindings back just a tiny bit. I sort of liked it through 35 but at 38 it is too much. For ride 31 I moved the bindings back to stock and it was a lot better.

Connelly  ★ Basta ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

• skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,360 Mega Baller
    REVIEW and move on, you can't ski all winter, duh.
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
  • scokescoke Posts: 686 Crazy Baller

30 rides? You were to test skis for only 25 then move on? interesting validity of the "ski test".
    Yea yea. The next ski just showed up and I would like to ski good at Diablo next weekend

• When I talk about my next victim, it's usually a beautiful blonde with big tatas. Horton, on the other hand, is talking about a hunk of carbon. Such is life of a married man.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,782 Mega Baller
    Well-endowed blondes are pretty much hunks of carbon in lots of water, too.

It's not the materials, it's the presentation :).
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • Presentation is everything! It's no wonder women don't put up with me for very long. :)
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• scokescoke Posts: 686 Crazy Baller
    Riding a ski until you "want to ski good" sure doesn't sound like a ski test.

Sounds like a leeching way to get/ride free skis until you find one that that's "good".

Sorry.
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,782 Mega Baller
    Hey now. I sure as hell am not gonna try all these skis, so if somebody is willing to do so and report on their experiences, I could care less what the underlying motivation is.

And keep in mind that this situation contains information. The Sans Rival is working so well for Horton that he doesn't want to move on. That fact might mean more than any review he could write!

If I were to try a new ski right now (which I don't plan to, my 9900sl is doing everything I want it to), I think it would have to be the Sans Rival, despite my inherent bias that anything with a French name can't be well-engineered. :-)
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,360 Mega Baller
    Riding a ski until you "want to ski good" sure doesn't sound like a ski test.

Sounds like a leeching way to get/ride free skis until you find one that that's "good".

Sorry.

Sounds like a great big ol "BAM"- move on horton, or there'll be a protest.
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
    OK you guys stop. The average reader does not know that you are just giving me a hard time.

• scuppersscuppers Posts: 459 Baller
    What we really want to know is: Which do you like best?!
    Chuck Link, Deland Florida
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,459 Mega Baller
    JTH - you ran that so 35 easy, there's no excuse for your inability to run the purple loop. Be confident in your abilities, there's a lot of us Ballers who want to see you at the exit gate of a tournament 38 !
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,765 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    I like it better when he is frustrated
    Shut up and ski
  • BoodyBoody Posts: 613 Baller
    Yea, Horton's form is just about perfect. I am also suprised he isn't busting out a 38 here and there. It'll happen soon I bet.
  • DirtDirt Posts: 1,643 Open or Level 9 Skier
    I don't think Horton will ever do it. He is full of excuses. That is why he won't let me ship the A2 to Scoke. Scoke will run 39 his first year in M3 w or wo Horton's help;
    I learned everything I know not to do from Horton
  • MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,805 Mega Baller

The search for the perfect ski is like the search for the perfect woman... it will be fruitless in the end. Finding one of either that will put up with your shortcomings... priceless!
    (I hope Lynda doesn't read this and take it the wrong way. Oh well, one of those shortcomings. Love ya babe!)
  • skibugskibug Posts: 2,093
    Yes...but unlike women...u can ride as many skis as you want and not get in trouble ;although. It still may cost you as much
    Bob Grizzi
  • You pay to play, whether it's water skiing or women. Now, where is my wallet?
    Shane "Crash" Hill

@Scot Jones Ya know I have Lynida's email....

(review is 90% written - just needed editing and photos)