Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ski Nautique Bumper

JC McCavitJC McCavit Posts: 499
edited October 2011 in News & Other Stuff
Why did Correct Craft remove the rubber bumper and leave the screw heads exposed on a metal strip on the newer Ski Nautiques?
JC McCavit

Comments

• WishWish Posts: 7,893 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Bling.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • A_BA_B Posts: 4,181 Mega Baller
    Because their made by Mastercraft now.
  • Nick SullivanNick Sullivan Posts: 676 Baller
    The Stainless Rub rail is way better than the old black rubber.
  • igkyaigkya Posts: 674 Crazy Baller
    I kinda agree with Wish and don't se how it's any better.
  • What happens when you bump into the side of someones boat or your wife or kid bumps the boat lift? Does stainless offer more cushion than rubber?
    JC McCavit
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,307 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Definitely a bling thing. The stainless doesn't mark up very easily, at least from my experience, but it does trash trailer guides.
    Scott Calderwood
  • Nick SullivanNick Sullivan Posts: 676 Baller
    Doesn't show wear like the black, doesn't get gouged or marked up and always looks good. Doesn't ever have to be replaced.

• A_BA_B Posts: 4,181 Mega Baller

I always thought the black rubber acted sort of as a "bumper". I am not too sure the metal strip absorbs much energy if you hit a dock post too hard.
  • MCskiFreakMCskiFreak Posts: 327 Baller
    It doesn't and I think it was a terrible choice for the inboard market to go to them. I've sliced my hand open on more then one occasion due to the screws not being sunk completely.
    Matt Welton - Resident boat nerd
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,207 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    What if you tied up to another ski boat or were holding close when some waves came? Wouldn't the stainless rub rails tear the hell out of the other boat's gel coat?
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • Bill GladdingBill Gladding Posts: 109 Baller
    Pretty but not practical. We used to park next to each on the shore waiting our turns but no more. Rubber did suffer with the whacks but that is what "chaffing gear" is for.
  • Mateo_VargasMateo_Vargas Posts: 857 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Before they made it standard I had been getting the stainless rub rails on my promo MCs because I thought it looked better and would be more durable. Years ago my boat hit another boat during an accident while setting up the PP for jump. I looked hard for damage but only had to replace the screws that were full of aluminum from the other boat's tower and buff out some scratches on the stainless. I don't think rubber would of faired as well and was amazed there wasn't any cracks in the gelcoat.
    Success is failure that just hasn't happened yet
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,240 Mega Baller
    trailer guide covers will to protect the pvc tubes on your trailer, or boat lift, or large diameter pieces of pipe insulation
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"