Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Imperial Photos

HortonHorton Posts: 29,100 Administrator
edited October 2011 in Videos, Photos & Media

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly  ★ Basta ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar 

Stella Blue ★ Stokes ★ World WaterSki League

Comments

• RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,383 Mega Baller
    I witnessed the ballofhair almost run -38 this weekend, he was only one turn away.....
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • HortonHorton Posts: 29,100 Administrator
    Sucks

Connelly  ★ Basta ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

You don't remember when the ski hit you? Ward tells me you were way smarter before.

• RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,383 Mega Baller
    my son got hit in the head by his ski, fell while going around the island @ Herb's (10 or so years ago) a helmet would've saved me 8 stitches and a tongue lashing from the wife
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
    There was a strange fall at my dads place a few years ago that involved a major head injury. Everything worked out but is was very scary.

There was also a death here in So Cal a few years ago where a young skier .... no one can agree on what happened to him but a helmet would not have hurt.

• 6balls6balls Posts: 5,370 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    There is a woman in the midwest who had the ski come up behind her and fractured the hell out of her posterior skull and she suffered a traumatic brain injury. Has plates in her skull and still suffers from some visual deficits, not sure what else. She is back to skiing buoys.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • KlundellKlundell Posts: 432 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    I will be sporting the helmet this weekend at Katy. After blowing my ear drums about 5 times I decided enough was enough.
  • WishWish Posts: 8,046 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Friend of mine's daughter fell, ski came off, and when she came up, the ski was traveling flat on the surface and knocked teeth out of her mouth. Maybe mouth guards as well. I won't be showing my wife these photos. She would mandate a helmet and my daughter most likely will NOT wear a helmet and would probably quit skiing. :-(

@Klundell. You may know this but you can go to an audiologist or a hearing aid vender and get custom made ear molds spacically for blow drums so it does not happen again. Would protect you much more than a helmet or neoprene had band ever would. And they float. Buddy of mine had neon orange so it's easily found. Also had it tethered to his vest somehow.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • KlundellKlundell Posts: 432 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @wish I'll have to look into that I need to go in to get me ear drum fixed from the last time I did it about three years ago. It hasn't healed and I have to wear an ear plug in my right ear everytime I get in the water.
    You guys are a buzz kill for my photos

• WishWish Posts: 8,046 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited October 2011
    @Klundell. Be very careful with over the counter ear plugs. The same force that popped your eardrum is enough force to push the plug in the ear cannal doing further damage. The custom mold will be, in part, much larger and molded to your ear in a way that will not allow it to travel in the ear canal at all. Looks like this and you can see how it can get tethered to you vest.

http://home.comcast.net/~netters2/pics11-3-03/bigimages/EarPlugInstalled.jpg

Way better than a helmet or head band.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • jackskijackski Posts: 263 Baller
    Nice Photos Horton, I just wish I could be there as it's too cold here !
    Jack
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,370 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited October 2011
    Those photos rock, John. I think I picked up another technical point to practice.

For the best skiers, the inside elbow transitions from in front of the waist to tight elbow to body and rearward pre-release while the other arm is nearly straight. The inside arm gets bent about 90 degrees due to the elbow being drawn back...then release allowing for a long time on the handle.

I've had a few times at 38 trying to keep the handle but given it's at my waist area where the direction of pull from the rope is eventually behind me it has to take my mass rearward (no good when setting up for next ball). If I were to let the rope come rearward like the position I see there but be able to keep my mass over the bindings...it should be the ticket.

I would love to see these pics again in the spring given it's about to shut down in MN.

Dave Ross--die cancer die