Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am on 'roids!

Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,523 Mega Baller
edited November 2011 in News & Other Stuff
I assume a 6-day tapering course of steriodal anti-inflammatories will transform me into a hulking beast who can run -39 in his sleep...

Right?
Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 28,291 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ McClintock's

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• WishWish Posts: 7,892 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    And that's after just 3 doses. He runs 39 butcha really gotta piss him off.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,523 Mega Baller
    Even against all the modern digital technology, Lou Ferrigno is still the Best ... Hulk ... EVER!
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,204 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Um, Than, the NSAID's are NON-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs ie) ibuprofen and cousins.
    If they are the prescription steroidal anti-inflammatories, they are not anabolic steroids, but cortico-steroids. Take 'em all you want, but you won't pack on muscle. Take 'em long term, though, and you might develop diabetes, osteoporosis, adrenal gland failure, fluid retention...lots of fun stuff. A short burst and taper usually fine.
    On a side note, Razor lifted weights next to Ferigno not all that long ago...just happened to be at his gym w/out his hulking green make-up.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    edited November 2011
    These are in fact, presciptions SAIDs, and they are indeed cortico-steroids, prescribed after some dental surgery to make sure the gums don't swell up and prevent proper re-adherence to the repaired bone. Apparently swelling is by far the biggest concern -- they had me icing, taking Ibuprofen, AND on this tapered does of cortico-steriods.

But that still ends in "roids"!!!!!!!

Henceforth I shall blame all temper tantrums on Roid Rage. :)
    re Ferigno: That's too weird. He should be legally required to wear green body paint at all times...
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,972 Mega Baller
    I don't think it is going to help you given that you are genetically predisposed to being scrawny :)
    Mark Shaffer
    True!
  • MarcoMarco Posts: 1,413 Crazy Baller
    I hate to tell you, but it's just the Anabolic steroids that make you strong. Corticosteroids like Prednisone just make you pudgy and irritable, especially when taken long term.

http://sideeffectz.com/prednisonesideeffects
    Apparently not as obvious as I thought: This thread was a joke from the start. I just thought it amusing that my presciptions after my dental surgery included a "steroid."
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    Lou is still one big-ass dude, but he was not wearing green paint when he was at the gym.
    Jim Ross
    edited December 2011
    Pudgy and irritable???..... allergy meds MUST do the same thing. Crap... I dropped a donut crum on my keepboard.
  • MarcoMarco Posts: 1,413 Crazy Baller
    Than- I realized your post was in jest. I thought it would be amusing to point out that instead of getting big and strong, you'll be getting pudgy and irritable...

Ah!
    Funny addendum: After all this babbling about it, I forgot to take my dose right after lunch! Only missed by an hour or so, though.
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,204 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Save a couple and bring 'em to ski tourney's...I usually do! Never know when you need a seriously potent anti-inflammatory to ski the next round despite significant injury.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • jipster43jipster43 Posts: 1,432 Crazy Baller
    Just out of curiousity what kind of injury/illness would necessitate anabolic steroids?
    Poor performance in the bedroom...... er ah wait that's the little blue pill.
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,238 Mega Baller
    dexamethazone was the SAID that really helped my ankle damage/recovery
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"