Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there any skiing near San Diego?

6balls6balls Posts: 5,130 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
edited January 2012 in Skis Fins Bindings
Have to go out there for b'ness in March. Any baller contacts out there that have puddles to ski on?
Dave Ross--die cancer die

Comments

• RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,150 Mega Baller
    email [email protected] and bring your Trick ski !
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
    [Deleted User]
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,254 Mega Baller
    6balls, the lot next to me is owned by a guy that skis on Mission bay. I can hook you up.
    Shut up and ski
    [Deleted User]
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,130 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Cool, will be in touch as the time approaches. Would be fun to take the ski and get a pre-season set.
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,254 Mega Baller
    He is from Minn so he will treat you well.
    Shut up and ski
    [Deleted User]
    MS rocks.
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,150 Mega Baller
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
    [Deleted User]
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,874 Infinite Pandas
    Who knows what March will bring? Maybe the Sierras will have snow. Maybe we can waterski in Mission bay or at my lakes in the desert. Richard gave you my contact - Contact me for sure. If I'm in town we can probably get a Mission bay ride. Or hopefully there will be a big snow dump and I'll be in the Sierras and you will get more work done.
    Eric
    [Deleted User]
    Is early march not typically warm enough? I am from MN, ya know!
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,874 Infinite Pandas
    It's always too cold in San Diego. But it never gets like MN water (frozen??!). March has some people trunking it - but I personally need a wetsuit year round in San Diego. If you are willing to coach some college kids, you should be able to get a ride.
    Eric
    [Deleted User]
  • danbirchdanbirch Posts: 301 Baller
    Plenty of skiing at Canyon Lake, about 75 min. North of San Diego... Current water temp 56 degrees and temps around 80.
  • PBDPBD Posts: 190 Baller
    Last I heard the folks at California Skier, the local Mastercraft dealer, at Lake Elsinore had "control" of the slalom course in the channel at the lake. It is a little over an hour from SD depending on traffic and where in SD you're coming from. You might get in touch with them.
  • Steven_HainesSteven_Haines Posts: 1,033 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    If our schedule coincides, Id be more than happy to pull you until your arms fall out! I'm in Canyon Lake which is right next to Lake Elsinore. March should be real nice! The water temp is 56 right now according to Dans post above. In my opinion once the water hits 60, its on!
    Appreciate all of the input, thanks!
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,757 Administrator
    @Steven Haines what are temps like these days. It is cold as heck in Bako. Need a few rides before my Costa Rica Trip.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• danbirchdanbirch Posts: 301 Baller
    Come on out, John. I'll be skiing today with K. Hyatt. 10-12 ish.
    @horton

Bakersfield isn't that bad. Yesterday we had 60+ degree air and 50+ degree water. Way over the 100 degree rule and no fog. We didn't even need dry suits.
    @danbirch not today and I do not think I can start the year with Hyatt. You have to work up to that.

@PBD what lake are you skiing on and I hate to ask but who are you? (Should have made everyone use real names when I started this site. )

• MarcoMarco Posts: 1,408 Crazy Baller
    @horton - we used to be able to include our names and some general info on our user profile. That option isn't there any more that I know of. Any way to add a members profile category?
    Horton, I'm not sure of temps right now. My wife has said that the air temp has been in the low 80's alot. I've been working out of town lately but will be back the 25th thru the 3rd if that works out for you. I won't have anything to do other than avoid honey do s as much as I can. Just let me know and we'll ski our a$$e$ off!!!
    edited January 2012
    Could happen... Canyon is a hell of a lot closer than Imperial

I think its 6 hrs or less from Bako
    That far?

I'm not sure, I do know that its 8 to Sacramento. I might be talking out my arse. Ill mapquest it
    More like 3

Ya, 184 miles. Thats not bad
    @horton,
    I'm Phil Dandridge. You might remember that you sold me an RS1 a couple of years ago.

Still skiing at Ironwood.
    Ooooo the all white one? I still talk about that ski. It did not exactly work for me but is a weird way it was almost the perfect ski. Darn

Yep, the all white one that was stiffer than the "regular" production skis.

It is still working real well for me.