Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Washing the bottom of a new ski

sixamgregsixamgreg Posts: 2
edited May 2007 in Skis Fins Bindings
It's been a couple of years since I've gotten a new ski.  What should I clean the bottom of it with?  Right now the water forms little beads on the bottom after I ski a set.

Comments

• Old MS AccoutOld MS Accout Posts: 2,117 Baller
    I use a very small amount of soft scrub on a paper towel. Do not rub hard. Rinse off and ski. Wash with dish soap every now and then. Wash more if you are using a teak platform that has been redone. Lots of build up on the ski from that.
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,534 MM Trick Skier / Eccentric Person
    80 grit sandpaper smooths out the wallboard look nicely. Of course sometimes I use 36 grit if the ski won't slow down.

Life's too short for fine sandpaper.

Eric
    [Deleted User]
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,352 Administrator
    Now you guys know why I make fun of Eric!

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

80 grit is pretty tough on plaster Eric. You need to go easy and wear eye protection. In your case a jig saw comes in handy also.
  • auskierauskier Posts: 447 Baller
    haha. the first time i watched andy's video i laughed my head off during the ski tuning part. i thought he was going to take the file to the thing. but then wrapped it in sandpaper. still crazy in my opinion. ill never do it to my stick.
    Toby Daff
  • DWDW Posts: 1,827 Crazy Baller
    I would be curious to know if other Goode ski users notice a polishing of the bottom of the ski over time?
    They must because I have black paint all over my platform.