Course Mapping

Phil2360Phil2360 Posts: 367 Baller
edited February 2012 in Boat Talk
Had a good play about with my system yesterday with on skiers present.

Mapped the course a couple of times & was interesting to notice how the timer beeped
several metres before the boat got to each buoys.

I mapped it at about the ski pole & I'd guess the system triggered about 2 metres or more before the pole passed the buoys.

I Know GPS position is never much better than +/- 3 or 4 metres.

What do other people find?

Comments

• ntxntx Posts: 823 Crazy Baller
    I don't know what system you are using, Zero off or Perfect pass, but in Zero Off, you should map a slalom course when the gates are even with the READ HEADS and NOT the pylon. In the jump course, you map with the gates even with the pylon.
  • Phil2360Phil2360 Posts: 367 Baller
    @ntx Perfect Pass, as per their video.
    Think I still like the Magnets Personally.
  • ntxntx Posts: 823 Crazy Baller
    @Phil2360 I can't help you with perfect pass. Sorry
  • lfflff Posts: 65 Baller
    I mapped mine the other day(SG Z-box) at the engine box per instructions received from PP and when I went through the course at speed it beeped right as the bow hit the boat guides at the gates and each turn ball. Did the same thing on 2 courses in both directions. I guess it doesn't matter if it's consistent, just thought it was strange.
  • Phil2360Phil2360 Posts: 367 Baller
    @lff That's pretty much the same as what I saw.
  • RynoRyno Posts: 252 Baller
    My boat has an outboard... so do I map it when the outboard the in between the gate buoys, or when the middle of the boat is at the buoys?

It probably wouldn't make much of a difference either way, but I did find at strange that the instructions referenced the engine box for the mapping and not the ski pole.
    Ryan McGill - South Coast, New South Wales, Australia
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,970 Mega Baller
    the ski pole in a traditional slalom boat is a .5inches from the engine box so they are the same thing.