The cost of boat repair and service

Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 3,885 Mega Baller
edited March 2012 in Boat Talk
Just thought I would pass on a little information to all that service and repair their own boats and even those that have local shops do their service.
I Just received my 2012 PleasureCraft Marine parts price lists, I was shocked to see how much the parts had gone up over previous years. Keep in mind that PCM has done their very best to keep their prices down over the years and keep their price increases minimal but eventually the big one must happen.
So if you go into your local shop and find that your $39 impeller has no gone to near $50.00 you know why.
Indmar does not have their new dealer web site up yet so I do not know what kind of increases they have but I am sure they plan on keeping up with the Jones's!
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

Comments

• east tx skiereast tx skier Posts: 598 Solid Baller
    Got the last 2011 impeller from my dealer. They told me this was coming. They cut me a pretty extraordinary deal on parts though fortunately.
    Perpetual Longline Baller and curvy ski boat owner.
    My real name is in my profile.

[Deleted User]
  • jefflymanjefflyman Posts: 111 Baller
    Parts pro-East tx I need a sending unit for my 93 PS 205, sick of running out of gas and having friends paddle us in with there own ski! Wheres the cheapest place to order one? The tank is coming out to install a new Bennet trim tab so its time.
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,834 Mega Baller
    @jefflyman MC parts from Rambo Marine, Lex in Parts is the man
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
    [Deleted User]