Cold water adjustment

PAskierPAskier Posts: 20 Baller
edited March 2012 in Technique & Theory
Been skiing at Okeeheelee this winter to stay in shape running 28 and deep into 32 in the wind. Come home no wind and can barely run a 22. Water is 58 degrees. Feel like I am skiing on cement. Any suggestions. Thanks

Comments

• CamCam Posts: 403 Crazy Baller
    I get the same problem when I have been skiing in Spain and come back to Scotland, but it all comes back to normal after a few set without changing any settings, you probably didn't change any settings when you went to FL. ( I ski around the same level as you)
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 6,844 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    edited March 2012
    Go back to Oke until your water warms up.
    MattP
  • clemsondaveclemsondave Posts: 369 Baller
    If you are just skiing to stay in shape, leave the ski alone and just lower expectations. Otherwise you will be chasing settings. If you are skiing a lot in the cold, move the fin back. IMHO, cold skiing adds too many other factors to be adjusting the ski.
    Dave Satterfield - Richmond Water Ski Club
    MattP
  • randy menyrandy meny Posts: 59 Baller
    Move fin forward 20 thousands, keep length & depth the same.
    [Deleted User]
  • Mrs_MSMrs_MS Posts: 408 Mega Baller
    Maybe u need to take off your wing?......Da ding!! Lol
    I ski for fun, just the wife!
  • RogerRoger Posts: 1,616 Mega Baller
    Were you here all Winter? The water got into the upper 50s in January. I have the same settings from 5x degrees to 9x degrees (same scores too).
    Roger B. Clark - Okeeheelee skier. Senior driver, Senior Judge
  • SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,314 Mega Baller
    I love the fin-setting vs. water-temp debate. There seems to be as many conflicting recommendations as there are skiers, even at the elite level. Most likely the main difference in performance is cold muscles and a subconscious fear of falling at high speed on water not much softer than a skating rink.
    www.FinWhispering.com ... Your ski should be your dance partner, not a wrestling opponent
    There doesn't seem to be any conflict of opinion here. I asked the top 4 skiers at Okeeheelee about this and NONE of them change fin settings for water temp.
  • MattPMattP Posts: 6,328 Mega Baller
    @Roger how many of those skiers at Okee. actually ski in COLD water?
    @MattP - I guess that depends on your definition of cold. All of them ski year round and water temps get into the mid to high 50s here.