Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Monsoon engine alarm

rfarfa Posts: 249 Baller
edited April 2012 in Skis Fins Bindings
Who can save me a trip to the closest dealer (not that close)? Just put the boat (2008 LXi) in the water from winter storage and got an "Engine fault/Service Required display... i followed the manual instructions and was able to get the fault code...."Oxy heater B2 SPN 442CM 0 - voltage short or above normal rng FMI 3 OC 6". i get that it is an emissions control issue and am wondering (hoping) i can somehow diagnose/reset w/o taking to repair. cannot find any fuses that relate to the emissions system, nor have any idea what to look for...any thoughts? Much appreciated!

All major operating parameters (Temps/voltage/oil pressure) are fine
rui
Rui Afonso

Comments

• skier2788skier2788 Posts: 735 Crazy Baller
    I don't know on a boat but on a car that's the heating element inside the oxygen sensor. Replace sensor. B2 is bank 2 so whatever side cylinder is on replace that sensor. Its in the exhaust sewhere.o2 sensors don't work under 600the degrees hence the heater. .. at least on a car....
    Travis Torley
  • skier2788skier2788 Posts: 735 Crazy Baller
    Cylinder 2 side. Probly shouldn't read ball of spray and drive.
    Travis Torley
    MattP
  • rodbrodb Posts: 72 Baller
    I had a 08 LXI. The ox sensors r faulty. call malibu. u can bypass with a 20cent part.
    Does the boat go into safety mode when the fault occurs?
  • rfarfa Posts: 249 Baller
    Thank you @skier2788 and @rodb! Yes the motor goes into a safety mode...I spoke to Indmar and they said the '08 sensors were problematic...presumably changed them in '09. they said the fix might be a bit more complex than i might be able/qualified to do. Is the "20 cent" part easy to install?
    Rui Afonso
  • usaski1usaski1 Posts: 739 Crazy Baller
    Damn, I have an 08 indmar. Scarin' me.
    Mark Turner -- Water skiing changed my life forever.
    it is an easy fix. u cut the wires to the sensors and put resister in its place. not sure of the exact part. call malibu they can tell u. i bought 5 for $1 at radio shack. never had a problem again. the resister needs to be a certain om, not sure what #. call the factory ask for denis kelly, he knows this stuff inside and out.
  • rfarfa Posts: 249 Baller
    Called indmar back...told them i "could" do it and they sent me an instruction brief...on my way to Radio Shack...thank you all very much!!!
    Rui Afonso