Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

US Gear rope and handle

testtest Posts: 29 Mega Baller
edited April 2012 in Reviews

This is the site dev account.

Comments

• MattPMattP Posts: 6,263 Mega Baller
    How do you get that handle through the loop on the end of the rope? Looks like they could be a pain at tournaments...
  • HortonHorton Posts: 30,560 Administrator
    no it is cool there is a huge loop

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts★ Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ 

McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Rodics OffCourseStokes

• BulldogBulldog Posts: 1,036 Crazy Baller
    Nice video review!! Please post some more.
    Mike Loeffler - "Someone somewhere is having a real problem today...My bad skiing is NOT one of them"
  • Steven_HainesSteven_Haines Posts: 1,065 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Nice review. Cool loop system
  • DWDW Posts: 2,316 Mega Baller
    Thanks for the review, very valuable, good stuff. Cool concept on the rope. Any thoughts on how well this will work as the rope ages do you think it will still be easy to open the loop next year? Is there a way to adjust the length if out of tolerance? Thanks.
  • ScarletArrowScarletArrow Posts: 822 Crazy Baller
    @MattP you have to put the handle on "backwards" then fold the knot over - i.e. put the handle loop through the rope loop, then back through the handle loop. We have several guys around here who use them and it caught me by surprise in a tournament.
    Anthony Warren
    Chef23
  • Chuck_DickeyChuck_Dickey Posts: 1,462 Crazy Baller
    Actually, the US Gear rope has a larger loop at the end where you attach the handle so it makes it easier to attach any handle.

The handle has a large loop as well, so it makes it easy to attach to any brand rope.

They work great seperately and a terrific used together.
  • Chuck_DickeyChuck_Dickey Posts: 1,462 Crazy Baller
    The US Gear handle rubber is as grippy as any on the market, is long lasting and the shape of the handle is anti-roll which is very easy on the wrists and forearms. No knobs at the ends to pinch your fingers.

I buy the Rathburn Spectra model, 12" Pro comp radius.
  • JC McCavitJC McCavit Posts: 503
    Where can you order the rope? It is not on their website.
    JC McCavit
  • skibugskibug Posts: 2,123
    @bananaron, the Rathbun is made with spectra rope versus regular nylon rope; plus it comes with a ski guard down the main section of the handle rope. I think it is well worth it, I have one and I love it.

@JC McCavit, it is sort of hard to find; http://www.usgearonline.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PLST&Store_Code=USGEAR
    Bob Grizzi