Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

4/23/12...or, "say goodbye to the drysuit"

savaiusinisavaiusini Posts: 369 Water Ski Industry Professional
edited April 2012 in Videos, Photos & Media
Sam Avaiusini - Operations Manager, HO Sports Company, Snoqualmie, WA

Comments

• RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,359 Mega Baller
    nice work Sam, and welcome to the BOS ! As for the "drysuit removal", I'm staying in mine until some time in June.
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,612 Mega Baller
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,359 Mega Baller
    I hate being cold, and last night while @officerfriendly was shivering, I was still warm and dry
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • jedgelljedgell Posts: 355 Baller
    Mine came off last night. Air was 65, water 68. Went with shorts and heater top. Good for this time of year in MT! Sore spray leg today though.
    Justin Edgell - Bozeman, MT
  • Steven_HainesSteven_Haines Posts: 1,046 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Justin, where did you ski?
  • HortonHorton Posts: 28,977 Administrator
    what is a drysuit?

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly  ★ Basta ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar 

Stella Blue ★ Stokes ★ World WaterSki League

• thagerthager Posts: 4,887 Mega Baller
    Even if you had one it would be wet!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • GAJ0004GAJ0004 Posts: 1,095 Baller
    I always shed my drysuit when the water temp hits 70. I have a swimming pool thermometer haging off the end of my dock. I also have an alterior motive for keeping it on into late May. If tubers and wakeboarders see me and my fellow slalom skiers in drysuits that keeps them off the water a little longer..
    Gary Janzig Streetsboro Ohio, skis at Lake Latonka, Mercer Pennsylvania slalom,trick,kneeboard,barefoot
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,345 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Had mine on for 1.5 hours yesterday bringing up a course in water just over 50.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,589 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    Skied with aqua sphere swim suit last 2 days. It feels great to be out of dry suit.
    Shut up and ski
    ScarletArrow
    Steve, I was at Jim's place. It's skiing great. Amazing view this time of year with all snow in the Missions.
  • Ntq206Ntq206 Posts: 78 Baller
    For me, it'll be drysuit until water is around 55, then spring wetsuit until about 63 or so - then just shorts from there on.
    Lake reaches a maximum of around 80 during summer.
    Justin, does Jim have a plan for the weeds this season? probably see you at No Wake again sometime this season. By the way, congratulations on your first tournament 35 last year!
  • ScarletArrowScarletArrow Posts: 816 Crazy Baller
    @MS aquasphere's rock!
    Anthony Warren
    Steve, Jim has some chemicals that should take care of the weeds this year, or at least make it skiable. You may not see me at NWL, I'm moving to the Portland/salem area early June. Thanks, thats still the only 35 I've run, glad I did it there!
  • konakona Posts: 529 Baller
    Got in with out mine today. Utah Lake Scot.
    Bob Boyle - I am my girls father
    Good luck Justin!
  • sixballsixball Posts: 267 Baller
    Skied March 21 in a shorty, one week after ice out. Its been down hill from then on. First ski water was 68-69 last I looked it was 54. Not getting much time on the water is been so windy!!! Weather man talking snow tonight.
    So who do I talk to about this weather.