Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What some skiers do as second sport

GregDavisGregDavis Posts: 274 Solid Baller
edited April 2012 in Videos, Photos & Media
Check out video of National Enduro Dirt Bike race last weekend in TN. Other sports that skiers do.

http://www.nationalenduro.com/
Boody

Comments

• jefflymanjefflyman Posts: 110 Baller
    Drive Nascars!
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,920 Mega Baller
    Harrass Horton!!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,377 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I gave up competitive bench press 3 years ago...now I'm pretty lame; slalom ski summer and try to keep in shape in the gym in the winter. Other than that work my can off and chase family.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • Ed_ObermeierEd_Obermeier Posts: 1,343 Crazy Baller
    Same as 6balls, except my bench press has always sucked due to two surgically repaired shoulders (rotor cuffs). Second sport, seriously? Don't get to devote the time I'd like to to this one and damn sure couldn't afford another one anywhere near what this one requires.
    Ed Obermeier - owner, EZ-Slalom Course Systems
    www.ez-slalom.com
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 924 Crazy Baller
    snow ski, some master racing, mtb ride, Hunt
  • MZitoMZito Posts: 169 Baller
    HOCKEY
    Matt Zito...Detroit Mi
  • WishWish Posts: 8,056 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Poker. .....What?... It's a sport. Hay, it's on ESPN it's gotta be a sport.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • jipster43jipster43 Posts: 1,434 Crazy Baller
    Cycling (road, mtn, bmx) and telemark skiing, but they all take a big backseat to water skiing.
  • EssvarEssvar Posts: 22
    I snow ski race, enduro moto race, criterium bike race, mountain bike race... I used to road race motorcycles but that is expensive. HAH I wonder what would happen if I focused on one thing. (probably get bored)
    Troy McCrae, President of the "Aquaholics" --- Iron Gate Public Secret ---
  • skicougskicoug Posts: 19 Baller
    latley it been coaching kids and 12oz curls.
  • MattPMattP Posts: 6,135 Mega Baller
    I am a competitive rower, and do some rock climbing
  • Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,197
    @Matt, im sure you know this but others may not know that rowing is a fantastic cross training exercise for slalom.
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
  • konakona Posts: 529 Baller
    Is there anything else but skiing ? I was on the water yesterday morning and now it has snowed overnight and I will be on the mountain this morning. If I am not skiing i'm skiing. :) I love Utah.
    Bob Boyle - I am my girls father
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,329 Mega Baller
    Mountain Biking (xc and marathon)!
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
  • Steven_HainesSteven_Haines Posts: 1,049 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    If work didnt consume all of my time, I'd be snow sking and mtn biking. Right now I'm lucky to ski every once in a while. I'm happy that I'm this slammed right now though with the economy in the tank.
  • jayskijayski Posts: 916 Mega Baller
    MX, Snowskiing, Golf...
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 6,026 Mega Baller
    I used to play squash and ski in the winter plus play some golf in the summer. Now I go to the gym, play a little hockey and chase my kids around. We still ski some but my kids skate in the winter so it impacts the skiing.
    Mark Shaffer
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,636 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    HOCKEY ROCKS.
    Shut up and ski
  • WolfeieWolfeie Posts: 177 Baller
    Play Ice Hockey 2-3 times a week, ride my bike so i can ski and play hockey, lift weights 3-4 times a week also for above.
    Brad Wolfe - Ski West Village, Arvin, Ca; Radar Pro Build, SN 200, I can see Ball of Spray headquarters from my lake house.
  • sixballsixball Posts: 272 Baller
    Snowmobile, ATV riding, Photograph. I miss snow skiing but nothing worth skiing in Mi.
  • east tx skiereast tx skier Posts: 598 Solid Baller
    Make beer.

Perpetual Longline Baller and curvy ski boat owner.
    My real name is in my profile.

jayski
  • rodltg2rodltg2 Posts: 1,051 Crazy Baller
    Not a sports, I play the drums in a metal band
  • Pat MPat M Posts: 753 Crazy Baller
    Pretend to golf and snowski (but not this year. No snow in New England)
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,645 Mega Baller
    There can be only one.

(Actually I really like bass fishing and poker, which are both more "games" than "sports," but I can almost never make time for either of them anyhow!)
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    @ east Texas skier....good beer is a pastime: what are your favorite brews?
  • east tx skiereast tx skier Posts: 598 Solid Baller
    edited April 2012
    @skidawg, from a commercial beer standpoint, the answer is whatever's in my glass---lots of craft beer and imports.

From a brewing standpoint, I tend to do a lot of the German styles since what we get in the U.S. from Germany is so oxidized and poorly handled that it tastes little like what would were it fresh. So I do lots of Helles, Pilsner, Hefeweizen, Dunkelweizen, Schwarzbier, Dortmunder, Dunkel and Kolsch. But I also mix things up with some American Pale Ales, West Coast IPAs, American Brown Ales, etc. Next month, I may do a Saison, which would be my first Belgian style. We always have two on tap at the house.

Perpetual Longline Baller and curvy ski boat owner.
    My real name is in my profile.

I am jealous
  • MattPMattP Posts: 6,135 Mega Baller
    @Texas6 that I know. I have been rowing competitively for 8 years now. My boat was ranked in top 15 nationally and top 3 regionally in our event for 4 years in High School. Skiing took a back seat to rowing during that time. Its switched now but I still coach high/middle/ and adult rowing daily. I'm always on the water.
    Texas6
  • T-fromTOT-fromTO Posts: 116 Baller
    Hockey (although I still suck at it even after 11 years of Senior Ladies House League).

Trampoline. There is a local club that has adult classes and it's such good exercise and so fun, especially doing the flips!
    Teresa Wiwchar, Skiin' on my own damn lake!