Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ski Sunset Ranch - Looking for a beautiful place to vacation or just take a ride or two?

DirtDirt Posts: 1,608 Open or 55K Rated Skier
edited May 2012 in News & Other Stuff
This is a beautiful world class water ski resort. You have to experience it to believe it. 92 degree air and 74 degree water, incredible wind break, Centurion Carbon Pro, record capability slalom course, fully stocked (D3, Eagle, Masterline) pro shop with great pricing, ski tuning shop, barbecue, shower, changing room, hot tub, beautifully landscaped property in the middle of a vineyard, gated entry, nice accommodations with friendly owners.

No, I don't work for them and I am not getting anything out of writing this post. The disclaimer was for Horton.

I wanted to change things up a bit, get out of my comfort zone and ski some other local sites. I am glad I did. This place is beyond words. We are spoiled in the Sacramento area. We have some of the best ski lakes in the world.

If you are planning a vacation or happen to be in the area, it is worth checking out Sunset Ranch. www.skisunsetranch.com

Here are a few photos

I learned everything I know not to do from Horton
randy meny

Comments

• jipster43jipster43 Posts: 1,432 Crazy Baller
    I'd love to get out there one of these days. Sac-Town is definitely lousy with ski lakes.
  • mkerziemkerzie Posts: 61 Baller
    I have stayed there and absolutely loved it. The Trimble's are great people! World class ski site with world class accommodations. I would highly reccomend this place to anyone looking for a great ski vacation. My wife who doesnt ski flew up an met me here for that last couple days of the trip and she also agreed that this was the nicest ski site we have every been too. Its absolutely gorgeous.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 28,318 Administrator
    I have been trying to get there for years and I never seem to make it happen

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ McClintock's

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• waterskigirlwaterskigirl Posts: 142 Water Ski Industry Professional
    Thanks for the compliments and great pics, gentlemen :)
    Horton, you are welcome anytime you are in the neighborhood!
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,385 Mega Baller
    @waterskigirl Make sure that you dont comp him, he gets enough perks.
    Shut up and ski
  • crashmancrashman Posts: 722 Crazy Baller
    would love to make it out- not sure whether to take my ski partner or my wife though.

What's the ski season like there- how long into fall do you ski?
    slalom addiction triggering irrational behavior
  • waterskigirlwaterskigirl Posts: 142 Water Ski Industry Professional
    Solution: Bring Both! :)
    We are here everyday until Oct31st...
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    Site looks awesome. I especially like that the islands are offset at each end. Here in MN the ski lake islands don't have any (or enough) offset, which makes it a bit more work than it should be to get a straight line right out of the turn island. Very well done!
    Jim Ross