Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone Else Still Not Started

35 in the bag35 in the bag Posts: 76 Baller
edited May 2012 in Technique & Theory
I can't believe it is almost mid May and I still haven't gotten wet. I am generally a serious skier, 5-6 days/wk and hitting most of our local tourneys. I dream about it all the time. Lurk here lots. Study the game. Yet I still haven't gone this year. This is sad........ really sad!

John M
John M
I used to think that ski tuning might be more complicated than Rocket Science.........
Now I know it is..

Comments

• MattPMattP Posts: 6,218 Mega Baller
    @35 in the bag what part of the world are you in?
  • konakona Posts: 528 Baller
    @35 you should be banned from the site with that statement.
    Bob Boyle - I am my girls father
  • liquid dliquid d Posts: 1,284 Mega Baller
    join www.tiddlewinks.org
  • jackskijackski Posts: 265 Baller
    First ski was 1 set I got in last saturday, then we had rain and or wind. Hope tommorow is better. 1st set was with an additional 80 hp in my 95 Response, that was nice. Z box installed today waiting to try that.
    Jack
  • DALDAL Posts: 33 Baller
    Since i'm in Oz, we've just finished for the season. Man, i'm jealous of you guys just starting to come into summer. Wish i lived somewhere warmer...........
  • RynoRyno Posts: 252 Baller
    @Dal Where are you in Oz? I ski all year round on the NSW south coast. Get a dry suit, no need to stop then!
    Ryan McGill - South Coast, New South Wales, Australia
  • sixballsixball Posts: 279 Baller
    Horton will be picking up your man card in the near future!
  • jipster43jipster43 Posts: 1,445 Crazy Baller
    I finally got some turns in on April 20th. It has snowed a few times since then (yesterday), but I've been lucky enough to get out at least three times a week.
  • DALDAL Posts: 33 Baller
    @Ryno, Sunny Melbourne mate.
    You have a point, but you still need 3 to Tango and getting takers is a tall order when it's miserable outside. I know some of the guys here will be skiing in lower temps than I ever have to endure, Chopping up the ice for a run etc....................maybe i'm just a princess :)
  • jefflymanjefflyman Posts: 111 Baller
    No skiing yet in upstate NY, SUCKS!
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,877 Mega Baller
    Depends on how you define "not started." I have skied a bunch in the south, a couple sets out west, and about 10 open water sets at home, but my boat is still hanging in the boathouse and we are a good two weeks away from having a slalom course. Ironically, the ice went out five weeks ago and I have already moved into the lake house for the summer.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
  • JC McCavitJC McCavit Posts: 503
    Our ice just went out this week followed by 45 mph winds thru Friday. Put the course out and skied for the first time yesterday. Still a little bit windy. Water temp was 40 degrees air balmy 46 degrees.
    JC McCavit
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,470 Mega Baller
    3 sets yesterday, 2 today thru blue line...no purple yet. Helped another w/his boat lift today and just mowed the lawn...now I'm beat.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die