Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

brooks' Waterskier article is brilliant

Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,476 Mega Baller
edited May 2012 in Technique & Theory
I don't throw around "brilliant" lightly. This article treats some of the most advanced slalom concepts in a clear and remarkably succint way.

I am truly impressed and I'll be giving this several rereads during the season.
Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
brooks

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 27,883 Administrator
    Who is this @Brooks person

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

MattPbrooks
  • crashmancrashman Posts: 722 Crazy Baller
    I like the Wilson bros advice because I find it more actionable than some of the advice out there
    "At the finish of the turn, focus on bringing your free hand to the handle simultaneously as your ski is coming back under the rope. When done correctly you will feel your hips and hands connecting at the finish of the turn"

Now that's something specific I can go out today and work on!
    slalom addiction triggering irrational behavior
  • WishWish Posts: 7,858 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @Horton aren't they your adopted children??
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    Onside135
  • brooksbrooks Posts: 196 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    edited May 2012
    Thanks for the kind words @than! Glad you guys enjoy them. check out the article here... http://www.thewilsonbros.com/2012/05/making-moves.html
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,476 Mega Baller
    Some remarkable things about this article:

- The entire article is about as long as this post explaining how remarkable it is. It is difficult to communicate any complex concept and it is extremely difficult to do so succintly. I'm not sure everyone appreciates just how hard that is, but I do.
    - This is the (very) rare article that is extremely useful to both the 30/-15 skier and the 36/-38 skier, and everybody in between.
    - It wraps up a variety of "trendy" concepts like handle control, stacked position, speed control, balance on the ski, connection, and outbound arc, and yet does so in simple terms with limited jargon.
    - It makes some distinction between down-course and cross-course speed, which I was just trying to do on here a few days ago, so this makes me looks smart! :) ish.
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,476 Mega Baller
    Hey, wait a second! I'm not thager! :) But I'm sure he liked it, too.
  • brooksbrooks Posts: 196 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    sorry Than! just corrected it!! sometimes I get in a hurry thanks again for the encouragement, i'll keep them coming!
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,598 Mega Baller
    Don't mind at all!
    Stir vigorously then leave!