I had to delete two threads this morning. I'm sure the author of both threats thought it was a good idea when he posted them but as administrator I did not.
My bottom line is as follows:
1. This website is about waterskiing
2. The culture of this website is to be friendly
3. No one should say anything in a post they would not say in person
4. Subjects or posts that are in bad taste are not welcome
5. Any subject that could get me sent to HR if I said it at work - is out of bounds here
6. There is some margin for horseplay based on the demographic of the average reader, men in their 40s. Example: I didn't think anyone here is offended by pictures of attractive women in bikinis - but even this must be in reasonably good taste.
7. Subjects that are divisive and that are not clearly waterski related will be deleted. An example of this is non-waterski politics.
8. Any divisive subject it is waterski related requires that you use your own name as your login or that you add it to your signature.
Some rules snipped from Flickr
• Do play nice.
We're a global community of many types of people, who all have the right to feel comfortable and who may not think what you think, believe what you believe or see what you see. So, be polite and respectful in your interactions with other members.
• Don’t vent your frustrations, rant, or bore the brains out of other members.
BallOfSpray is not a venue for you to harass, abuse, impersonate, or intimidate others. If we receive a valid complaint about your conduct, we’ll send you a warning or delete your account.