Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lake Lanier Slalom Course

CraigCraig Posts: 111 Baller
edited May 2012 in News & Other Stuff
My wife and I are moving to the Alpharetta/Cumming area toward the end of summer. I am aware of Waterski Atlanta near the airport and Atlanta Waterski Club in Ackworth.

The trouble is both of those sites will be pretty far from work so I am looking for a place to run some buoys during the week without a 60 minute commute.

Long story short, anyone have the skinny on slalom skiing on Lanier? Is there much up there and Is it worth it or am I better off biting the bullet and commuting to a more established site to do some buoy chasing?

Thanks for your input.

Comments

• ktm300ktm300 Posts: 406 Baller
    check out whitestonelakes.com lanier is super crowed. If you can ski when the sun comes up or in the middle of the workweek you could make it work.
  • CraigCraig Posts: 111 Baller
    Saw whitestone too, that one is also 60+ min away from work. That is a very tough timeline through the week for a set. The goal is to avoid becoming a weekend warrior; it is too hard to improve that way.

I appreciate the input. I realize Lanier may not work but I thought someone on here would know for certain.
  • hogexpresshogexpress Posts: 106 Baller
    I know Jefferson, Ga has a couple of courses/clubs?. Might be alittle closer than Whitestone.
    Keith Sims - South Carolina
  • cobbercobber Posts: 67 Baller
    There is a slalom course right in Cumming Georgia, it is in a little bay just to the right of Marine Max (looking from shore) it is a portable course, they usually take it in and out and do to local laws I believe but a lot of them seem to ski in the morning before work and evenings, let me know if you want any more information.
  • MattP_Evil_TwinMattP_Evil_Twin Posts: 18 Baller
    @h2oski1326 i can put you in contact with the guys that drop the course in bald ridge marina if need be.Let me know
    Planning to save Horton's life
  • MattPMattP Posts: 6,034 Mega Baller
    the people are worth it. Skied with them for years. It's where I discovered a course for my first time and got hooked. I ski with @OB now. If you tell them you will help put it in and take out the course and offer to use your boat. (hint bring coffee and breakfast stuff) and you are a golden member. I'm planning on going up one weekend here soon to see the guys. It's a fun time having all the boats and house boats to hang out on.
  • waltonwalton Posts: 18 Baller
    I ski on lanier and we just set up a portable early in the morning on the weekends or during the week when no one is out.