Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

new ski

Cypress_Gardens_1Cypress_Gardens_1 Posts: 10
edited June 2012 in Skis Fins Bindings
I am fairly new to slaloming. this would be my first year that i am semi profisient at it. currently i can a course at -15 at 28 and 30mph i am doing this on my bosses old cypress gardens that is 68in long . my point of this is i am in the market for a new ski and am willing to spend a little on it cause i really enjoy it. I dont know if it woud be wise for someone with my experiance and go all in and buy a ski like the Obrian elite or like the HO A1 or A2 or get more of a basic ski and get a better one later on down the road.

Comments

• jipster43jipster43 Posts: 1,428 Crazy Baller
    The Radar Senate, Senate C, or Strada are said to be awesome skis for those new to the course. I was at your level and skied on an elite. I don't think it held me back, but I've been skiing better on my new Goode Fire (22' off).

If I was to do it all over, I would probably have gone with the Senate C to begin with. Good luck and welcome to your demise!
  • by the way im 6ft and 145lbs
  • ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,052
    Senate C is an awesome ski for someone working their way up in speed in the slalom course. I highly recommend it. You can find them relatively cheap too.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• crashmancrashman Posts: 722 Crazy Baller
    edited June 2012
    I'm about at your ability level and skiing on a Radar Vice; loving it. Same shape as a Strada but damper and forgiving and not as much $ as the highest end skis. Lots of ski for the $.
    Don't take my word for it listen to Horton
    http://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/5141/2012-radar-vice-review
    slalom addiction triggering irrational behavior
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,286 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Famous last words "listen to Horton"
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!