Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

new to skiing

Cypress_Gardens_1Cypress_Gardens_1 Posts: 10
edited July 2012 in Technique & Theory
i am kinda knew to slalom course and have recently bought a HO A1 ski with dual attack boots i was out free skiing a bit this morning and i was having good turn on my on side but my off side turned sucked bad!! i was wondering what i could do to help my off side turn? also i ski right leg foward and the spray off the side on the ski was hitting my left leg i was wondering if there was anyway that i could minimize that

Comments

• Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,586 Mega Baller
    If it's a new ski, don't do anything yet. Give it some time for your body to adjust and find the sweet spot for balance.

Spray on rear leg is a fact of life in this sport. Just wait for the callouses to form!
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • yeah its a new ski. i went from an 25 year old cypres gardent to the a1.
    skinut
  • GAJ0004GAJ0004 Posts: 1,095 Baller
    Get a sprayleg I never ski without one. It will save you lots of bruises.
    Gary Janzig Streetsboro Ohio, skis at Lake Latonka, Mercer Pennsylvania slalom,trick,kneeboard,barefoot
    skinut
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,528 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    Cypress gardens Tech 1 rocks
    Shut up and ski
  • sunvalleylawsunvalleylaw Posts: 1,259 Mega Baller
    I love the little water blisters mid calf. They look tough. spray legs always rolled up on me and never fit right anyway. Get your weight balanced over your feet so not too much is on your rear leg, and ski on!
  • it was a cgs2. it was the ski my boss had when he way like 15
  • HortonHorton Posts: 28,774 Administrator
    @Cypress_Gardens_1 the HO A1 is one of the modern classics. Surely a the top 10 ski of the last 10-15 years.

If you can get some video or photos the folks around here can help you better.
    Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ Basta ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar 

Stella Blue ★ Stokes ★ World WaterSki League

• RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,340 Mega Baller
    @cypress_gardens_1 - resist the urge to wear a spray leg, the teasing you'll receive will be relentless
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • ok today is the 3rd day ive skiied with the new ski. i moved the boots more dead strait with in half a mil. off perfect. yet still my off side turn is so slow and un-smoth. its just horrific. would ajusting the boots foward or back or ajusting the fin help with this?