Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A-1 #'s?

JayJay Posts: 64
edited July 2008 in Skis Fins Bindings
Anyone got any numbers for the A-1, 66.25 or 67.5?

Comments

• Old MS AccoutOld MS Accout Posts: 2,114 Baller
    <p>
    Jay,
    </p>
    <p>
    Did they send you any info on stock set up? I would be interisted in knowing what they are recommending.
    </p>
  • JayJay Posts: 64
    <p>
    The sheet inside the  box only has Monza and System 8 #'s on it. I will measure the fin tonight and let you know where it is at, bottom looks very close to the SS, will find out tonight about that also when I get it home. Flat black paint on the top, easy for touch ups I guess!
    </p>
  • Ham_WallaceHam_Wallace Posts: 533
    Length- Tips 6.871
    Across 6.725

DFT .790

Depth 2.502 - 2.506

Wing 9 (upside down)
    Am I a jumper that wants to be a slalom skier? Or a slalom skier that wants to be a jumper?
    <p>
    34 or 36 mph #'s Ham?
    </p>
    <p>
    Compared the A-1 to the SS bottom, they are pretty much identical till after the rear boot. The A-1 has rounded  edges and the SS stays with the sharp 45 degreeish edges all the way to the tail. Anybody got an idea what the two differences will create?
    </p>
    This A-1 finishes a turn like a monster.........as long as you maintain a slow handle.
    Am I a jumper that wants to be a slalom skier? Or a slalom skier that wants to be a jumper?
  • skibugskibug Posts: 2,041
    edited July 2008
    What do you mean by "a slow handle"?..do you mean quiet upper body with letting the handle out slowly; then skiing back to the handle.
    Bob Grizzi
    <p>
    So the #'s that were on the ski from the factory are:
    </p>
    <p>
    2.499 depth
    </p>
    <p>
    6.8745 tips
    </p>
    <p>
    .7615 dft
    </p>
    <p>
    Buddy of mine may try it tonight, can't seem to pry myself off the RS-1 to try it, will let you know his thoughts tommorow.
    </p>
  • Old MS AccoutOld MS Accout Posts: 2,114 Baller
    That is way off the Monza #s, so they must have really changed things around.
  • monza manmonza man Posts: 11 Baller
    <p>
    just got the 67.5" A1, made June 20, 2008
    </p>
    <p>
    out of the box,  Fin angle  8.0°,  depth  2.502   Length  6.693 (flat)   DFT  0.791  (flat)
    </p>
    <p>
    called HO, # they gave me  9.0,  2.508,  6.850 (f)  0.770
    </p>
    <p>
    I've got 2 sets w/ out of the box settings, EXCELLENT !!  skied both sets up to my PB (34mph/ 3<a href="mailto:[email protected]">@35</a> off)
    </p>
    <p>
    next sets will be with more fin
    </p>
    <p>
    now I need to change my "name" :)
    </p>
    <p>

</p>
    <p>

</p>
  • mike55mike55 Posts: 86
    Pickin up a 67.5 at 160-165 runnin just 34 at 15/22 with a front Animal...would you put this boot 1 hole forward or neutral?
    Neutral
  • monza manmonza man Posts: 11 Baller
    <p>
    I'm running my animal boots one hole back
    </p>
    <p>
    I added a little fin length, much better
    </p>
    <p>
    Ham is correct, the A1 can really turn
    </p>
    I let a friend try it yesterday. He couldn't turn it. I am not sure how well Goode skiers will like it. He skis too far back to initiate a turn on it. It has a huge sweet spot, but it isn't on the tail.