Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What options for a Carbon Pro?

ski4xtcski4xtc Posts: 182 Baller
edited July 2012 in Boat Talk
I am some friends looking at buying a Centurion Carbon Pro and I am curious on what options help sell the boat? Would you put it on a single or tandem trailer? Thanks in advance for your responses.

Comments

• Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    Cost is the key for boats now. I wouldn't normally do a tandem trailer. Had one once. For long hauls they are great. If you have to maneuver the trailer in tighter spaces they suck.
    Jim Ross
  • ScarletArrowScarletArrow Posts: 801 Crazy Baller
    This one is still for sale

Anthony Warren
  • GAJ0004GAJ0004 Posts: 1,095 Baller
    I skied behind it this past Saturday, and last year. Nice boat to slalom behind..
    Gary Janzig Streetsboro Ohio, skis at Lake Latonka, Mercer Pennsylvania slalom,trick,kneeboard,barefoot
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,253 Mega Baller
    There will be an anouncement around the nationals time frame of a brand new boat that will hit the market. It will be a tow boat made for the lakes we ski on and is 196 ish.

Shut up and ski
  • MikeDunlapMikeDunlap Posts: 19 Baller
    ski4xtc - I took delivery of my 2012 Carbon Pro in March as a promo guy in Texas. The options available are pretty simple, and it seems to boil down to how/where/when you and your friends use the boat. 1)heater choices - the heater blower and heated seats are great if you use the boat in colder temps, if you don't, save the money. 2) single vs. dual axle trailer - does the boat sit on a lift or do you trailer it a bunch (at longer distance)? If it sits on a lift or you trailer short distance, get the single and save the money. 3) radio options - this was pretty simple because my daughters made the decision to get it and I didn't get a vote. 4)flooring options - pick a lighter color as it may not get has hot in direct sun. 5) engine - unless you are pulling elite jumpers the PCM 5.7 is great, if elite jumping is important you may consider the PCM 6.0.

Support the promo guys and consider purchasing one of theirs. With a promo boat you still receive the full warranty, a boat in very good condition with maybe 100 hours, at a great price. You can see my listing on Ski-it-again, Post ID SIA19786. At the home page select the Promo Boat link.
    @OB No price point but I was told much less than what we are seeing with the big 3.
    Shut up and ski
    @MS -- sounds interesting. From a new player or existing?
    Jim Ross
  • rodltg2rodltg2 Posts: 1,051 Crazy Baller
    If it's an existing player, I'm guessing MB. They have been making huge impact in the wake board market.
    New player with roots in the industry. Funding by investors that want a 100% finished product. It will track and ski well at all lines or it will not be released.
    Shut up and ski
    @MS -- very cool. The industry needs a quality slalom boat that doesn't require a second mortgage. I'll be driving my 2005 (1067 hours yesterday) MC for a long time before I cough up $50k for one of the big three.
    Jim Ross
  • rodltg2rodltg2 Posts: 1,051 Crazy Baller
    Someone must have deep pockets to start from ground up !
  • jdarwinjdarwin Posts: 1,379 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @Razorskier1 - be thankful that some do "cough up $50k" - otherwise, you would be skiing tournaments behind Hydrodyne twin rigs.
    Joe Darwin
    TylerR[Deleted User]
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,123 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @jdarwin I've run 35 off behind a Centurion outboard!! Time ok...in the course at 38 mph, out at 33 mph (most likely), time 16.08. Survive the gate and first two balls and it gets easy :-)
    Yah, props to the promo guys who keep the cools pulls at the tourneys.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • clemsondaveclemsondave Posts: 369 Baller
    Don't forget to order the optional navigational lights! Sorry Rod (if you're on this site), I couldn't resist! It will help with resale ;-)
    Dave Satterfield - Richmond Water Ski Club
    MattP
  • rodbrodb Posts: 72 Baller
    thanks Dave. has lights now and for sale.