Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Strada Bindings

A_BA_B Posts: 3,991 Mega Baller
edited July 2012 in Skis Fins Bindings
How is the new model different? Does the strap over the instep do anything?
Worth getting vs. picking up 2011 ?

Comments

• SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,225 Mega Baller
    The 2012 has a thicker liner. So if you have narrow feet, this is a bonus. The 2012 also did away with the white "R" logo which self-destructed on any boots used more than 20 times. The hook & loop strap is unecessary ... but, I took the laces right out of the forefoot and just use the strap. It's quick and effective all on its own. Otherwise, if you can get a smok'n good deal on the 2011, go for it.
    www.FinWhispering.com ... Your ski should be your dance partner, not a wrestling opponent
  • A_BA_B Posts: 3,991 Mega Baller
    @SkiJay, Did you notice a difference in lateral control or any performance increas?

Thnks.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,665 Administrator
    Naa it is all the same as long as the fit feels good

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

• SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,225 Mega Baller
    @AB I used my old liners in the new boots for a couple of weeks, and the shell performance was pretty much identicle new to old.
    www.FinWhispering.com ... Your ski should be your dance partner, not a wrestling opponent
    @horton, that seems to work for a lot of things.

Ok SkiJay good to know. Just looking to setup another plate system to jump back and forth on skis easier.

Thanks.
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,425 Mega Baller
    My Strada binding did the same thing as far as where the R logo is it is coming apart at the seams. So far I think it will hold the rest of the summer but I have only had it a year and the RS-1 I have is still in good working order and has remained intact of over the Strada binding. I will look into the new Strada binding as a replacement so any feedback out their will be great. Sad though I have had this Strada binding a year an it is falling apart yet the old D-3 High wrap on the rear is 5 years old and looks like new!
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

My R is toast as well, after one season of part time skiing. Cosmetics, so no biggie. I use a RS gold front liner for a tighter fit and standard rear, loose, so my heel goes up and down freely.

Compared to Animals, these are like heaven on my feet.