Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need New Ski Trunks

Pat MPat M Posts: 580 Crazy Baller
edited July 2012 in Skis Fins Bindings
I always loved the Superfreaks from O'Neill, but they don't make them the same anymore. I'm looking for new brand of boardshorts that are comfortable and don't become speedos everytime I get up out of the water.

Comments

• colo_skiercolo_skier Posts: 766 Solid Baller
    Can't believe that they don't make them anymore. At the price they were it can't be because they weren't making a profit on them!!
    Not sure I know what I am doing. The boat goes I follow. Trying to perfect the deep water start. Squirrel!
  • Pat MPat M Posts: 580 Crazy Baller
    The newest pair I got was to lite and a little shorter than the previous. The older ones would kling to the legs getting up, these just bunch up.
  • WishWish Posts: 7,317 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    All I know is.... If the board shorts have the stretchy material, I buy them. Doesn't matter what brand. They all seem to function equally. And do not balloon up with water when your being pulled out of the water by the boat. Hate that. 20lbs of extra water drag is something my back does not need.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,018 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I have a pair of Liquid Force microfiber board shorts that are awesome. Super light weight, and are just about dry by the time I exit the course.
    Scott Calderwood
  • bajabaja Posts: 243 Baller
    Hurley Phantoms are stretchy as well and don't scoop any water on pull up which is my big requirement like Wish. I've got 4 pair. Dry fast too.
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,973 Mega Baller
    I like 69Slam great products, with great prints. Also it is a company that is supporting skiers!
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,043 Mega Baller
    edited September 2012
    I got some hurleys on the cheap (slight pattern blemish) -- I think they are phantoms. Like em a lot -- only shorts i've run tourney 38 -- but they do ride up a bit on takeoff, which its true my oldest superfreaks do not.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • Pat MPat M Posts: 580 Crazy Baller
    Thanks, I will look into both the Liquid Force and Hurley's.
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,456 Mega Baller
    I bought some last year I like. Looking at them now, says billabong platinum x stretch, recycler series.
  • jipster43jipster43 Posts: 1,402 Crazy Baller
    69 slam. They have the cool spandex across the fly to keep the ladies guessing.
    MattP
  • BoneHeadBoneHead Posts: 5,897
    I like all of the Tony Hawk board shorts. They're made of the stretch material and stay down on my legs in deepwater starts.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• ScarletArrowScarletArrow Posts: 767 Crazy Baller
    I have 2 pair of 69 Slams and really like them.
    Anthony Warren
    MattP
  • tfriesstfriess Posts: 401 Baller
    Hurley Phantoms. Need I say more? they are the best shorts ever
    Can I just ski 24/7?
    cwillygood
  • davemacdavemac Posts: 447 Baller
    My $.02....I own 3 or 4 pair of hyperfreaks, but have started migrating towards Hurley's Phantom series...which also have "flex". I've had good luck (i.e. cheap prices) buying them thru the ebay store for "fittedfresh"...who also has a direct website.
  • Rpc29Rpc29 Posts: 186 Solid Baller
    For cheap board shorts check out 6pm.com, they also have great deals on O'neill heater tops.
    Ryan Christopher
  • cwillygoodcwillygood Posts: 195 Baller
    It is true the Hurley Phantoms are probably the greatest boardshorts ever made, no seams, super stretchy, and incredibly light weight, Quiksilver also makes good boardies too, those seem to stay down better
  • FrankSFrankS Posts: 169 Baller
    hurley phantoms. Best boardshorts i have ever worn. light weight, fast drying, comfortable. there is just no question
    Swervin'... It's what I do
  • aswinter05aswinter05 Posts: 363 Baller
    The biggest secret is to buy Nike running shorts with the built in liner. Lightest shorts you'll ever wear and minimal material so they dry in no time. Also, they've got to be the most comfortable shorts in the world.
  • popofpopof Posts: 113 Baller
    Being Half-French Half-Mexican I can't advise you enough to try the Mexican Brand "Squalo".
    Initially Surfer shorts but still, light, lot's of space, one pocket with velcro lock for anything you might need, and not too stretchy so will not fill up with water upon startup.
    + Sold in Mexican Pesos, good for your american dollars si señor ;) lol

• Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,643 Mega Baller
    I like the Phantoms and the Quicksilvers. Both are light stretchy and dry quickly.
    Mark Shaffer
  • xratedxrated Posts: 499 Solid Baller
    I'm with @gregy Billabong Platinum. Super light and comfy. I can put them on in the morning and wear them all day.

But to be honest any of the new board shorts with the flex material that is light weight are pretty dang nice.
  • InboardfixInboardfix Posts: 112 Baller
    Do any of these shorts (except the Nike w/liner) have liners? Guess I'm old school but seems like having "the boys" flopping around would be irritating.

aswintero5 Do the Nike w/liner shorts ever wedgy on you getting up? Thanks.
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,456 Mega Baller
    @inboardfix same place I buy my trunks at sales briefs made by Polarmax. They're call AYG 365 performance 4 way stretch. The ones I got are tight boxers. They are comfortable enough and dry out quickly.

http://shop.polarmax.com/products/category/9784.0.1.1.1000236.76743.1000239.0.0?pkey=bd7419ce7fc323657381e126fbc2f7de&ckey=1000236.76743.1000239.0.0
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 2,857 Mega Baller
    My current favorite are Oneill Epic Freak shorts - they have a water repellent fabric, and are stretchy, and not too baggy through the leg, so less bucketing/clinging/riding up than others.
  • tfriesstfriess Posts: 401 Baller
    @inboardfix wear a pair of compression shorts underneath, that's usually does the job of keeping them down
    Can I just ski 24/7?
  • E_TE_T Posts: 557 extraterrestrial trouble maker
    Check out 69 SLAM!
    E.T. phone home!
    I like reese's pieces

"Leave nothing on the dock"~AM
  • thor_64thor_64 Posts: 21 Baller
    I have always been a mesh liners in my swim shorts guy...... question to the crowd that goes w/ compression shorts - don't they stay wet and pretty much kill the quick dry benefits of some of these shorts?
    Hector Matthys
  • xratedxrated Posts: 499 Solid Baller
    @thor_64 I can't tell you for under board shorts but all of my Under Armour stuff dries pretty quick be it compression or loose fit.
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 2,857 Mega Baller
    @thor_64 I couldn't be more different on that, the mesh linings always seem to trap things in the wrong place and get shifted around. I just use the unlined shorts plain and keep the legs pulled down for privacy.