My friend has an old supra and his having the following problem with his boat. He had experienced some fuel delivery issues (he thinks) that he thought he had sufficiently addressed. I'd love to be able to help him figure out what might be causing this problem. Thanks in advance for any help.
• 1986 Supra Comp ts6m
• Ford 351 engine, 740 hrs
• Holly carburetor - It's a 4 barrel, 600 CFM, Model 4160 marine carburetor.
• 13 x 13 three blade prop
• Boat has recently been moved from MN at 950ft (White Bear Lake) to CO at 7788ft (Ruedi Reservior)
• It was running fine after we did some work in MN where we replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, and removed the anti-siphon valve from the gas tank. (it was dying of fuel starvation, apparently from a weak fuel pump)
• We drove through 3/4 of a tank last weekend at Ruedi, and it died suddenly. When we tried re-starting it we ran into an occasional clicking, where the boat wouldn't even turn over.
• When it did turn over it wouldn't fire unless we sprayed starter fluid directly into the carburetor. It would die again as soon as it burned through the starter fluid.