Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone go from A-1 to a Strata?

ToddFToddF Posts: 555 Solid Baller
edited August 2012 in Skis Fins Bindings
If you have gone from an A-1 to strata what did you think?

Thanks

Todd

Comments

• RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,168 Mega Baller
    I did in 2010, the Strada is a much easier ski to ride, and my scores reflect it
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • RupRup Posts: 72 Baller
    I did too. I liked the Strada straight away.
  • ToddFToddF Posts: 555 Solid Baller
    Did you stay on the same size?
    What does easier to ride mean?
    finishes turns better, gets wider?

Thanks for any input

Todd
  • slalomboy96slalomboy96 Posts: 72 Baller
    I went from a 67.5" A1 to a 68" 2012 strada, I went 3 bouys better on my first ski on it, I was really impressed with how much faster it was and how hard it turned while still being stable forgiving, it allowed me to be late and jump all over it to get it turned and across course, my consistancy went through the roof, it just felt easier to ski on and less physically demanding.
    Well those are pretty good testamonials.

I am on a 67.5 right now. so that is good to know.
  • WIskierWIskier Posts: 76 Baller
    @ToddF if your interested in a Strada I got a 2012 67" with one set on it for sale.
  • auskierauskier Posts: 453 Baller
    I went from a 65" A1 to a 66" 12 strada this past southern summer. Best ski change ive ever made. Do it.
    Toby
  • jaredH20jaredH20 Posts: 90 Baller
    who as gone from a strada to A2? sold my Strada (2011 Model) Looking at either the A2, AM or the new ski HO is releasing now in September.
  • ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,055
    edited August 2012
    I've gone from a 2010 Strada to an A2, with a Goode Mid in between. The Strada, to me, was too tip loose. I could never feel like the tip would engage. On the A2, the tip engages and the ski turns horizontal to the water. Some people, I'm sure, like that tip attitude on the strada. I just wasn't one of them. That said, Rossi looks more tip down on the 2012 Strada than he did on the previous ones. So maybe they've made some minor changes to it. Or maybe his skiing has changed a bit.

As far as the AM goes, I'd want to try it before buying it. I know two 39 off capable skiers who have tried the 67 AM recently and couldn't run their openers. They said the ski was ridiculously big and felt like they were skiing on a Connelly Big Daddy or something like that.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• footloose42footloose42 Posts: 84 Baller
    I could be wrong, but wouldn't the difference in ski length account for a greater change in performance than the difference in ski brand?
  • auskierauskier Posts: 453 Baller
    I also tested a 66 A2... Still had nothing on the strada for me.
    Toby
  • KillerKiller Posts: 396 ★★★★Quad Panda Award Recipient ★★★★
    Strada/vice not for me either. was on A1, now settled on the A2. love this ski, if anything I feel like I'm more maneauverable on it.
  • skiboat38skiboat38 Posts: 127 Baller
    Wasted 2 years on a Strada, went to a Nano Twist mid-ride and picked up a full pass the first day, have been on it for 3 weeks now and running 35 easier than I ever have.
    Where I live at I don't have an easy way to demo skis so this input is great.

Thanks

Killer what did you notice different when you went to the A-2?
  • wski1831wski1831 Posts: 117 Baller
    I went from A1 to Strada. I liked both skis, but the Strada was more forgiving when I got on the tail.